Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Fenriswolf on June 04, 2012, 12:03:54 pm

Title: Quest sign on event
Post by: Fenriswolf on June 04, 2012, 12:03:54 pm
I'm still working on my project,
but I have encountered a problem,
a problem for which I do have 2 solutions,
but neither are entirely satisfying to me.

I wish to add an icon (probably a "?" or "!") above NPC's that have a quest available
OR when a quest needs to be turned in at the NPC after completion.

I've found 2 ways of doing this, but both have their restriction:
1. with an additional event above the NPC, but this removes the possibility to have a different NPC or event at that spot.
2. with this (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9670.0.html) script, but as said in the comments, there is an issue with it: more than 1 icon on a map will cause the game to crash.

I would like to have more than 1 questgivers in certain maps and I also have cases where there is another event on top of the NPC, so both ways of handling it cause me trouble.

So my question is, would anyone have an idea how to do this, without the restrictions listed above?
Title: Re: Quest sign on event
Post by: Blizzard on June 04, 2012, 12:11:37 pm
*fixes script link*

I guess you could ask F0 if he's going to fix that bug. >.<
Title: Re: Quest sign on event
Post by: Fenriswolf on June 04, 2012, 01:42:35 pm
Yeah I'll try that.
Title: Re: Quest sign on event
Post by: R.A.V.S.O on June 04, 2012, 06:07:11 pm
hmm you could also place such "?" or "!" as part of the character sprite.

for example the troll sprites.... you can replace then with your desired character sprite and have room enough
to place the "!" or the "?" next to it, this way not only does your sprite is worth only 1 space (eliminating the I need the upper space issue) you can change his sprites via auto or parallel events to suit your needs.
Title: Re: Quest sign on event
Post by: ForeverZer0 on June 04, 2012, 06:41:08 pm
No need, I fixed the script. :)
Title: Re: Quest sign on event
Post by: R.A.V.S.O on June 04, 2012, 06:59:04 pm
works as well XD