How can I change how Map Passability works?
example: On the 2nd layer I put something impassable. But on the 3rd layer I put something passable.
The tile takes the passability of the 3rd layer!!
How can I change it so that if on a single tile there are both passable and impassable, the tile will be impassable no matter which layer I put?
Make an event that is impassable on the tile you want to be impassable. That's the easiest thing I can think of. If you want to create walls, use events. Of course, it has to be a blank graphic, but that is easily done if you get an existing character set and set the opacity to Zero. :3
Good idea! I've never thought of that! :D
But...another problem. :-[
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Magic2345/help.jpg)
See the image?
The thing is, I am able to go left from where my character was standing (and it's not supposed to do that). It's because of the grass.
Any ideas?
Use empty tiles on the third layer that are not passable in each direction.
But the effect are the same as Starrodkirby's idea....
WAIT!! >:(
That gave me an idea!! I should make a blank tile that has the same passabilty as the cliff! That way, it will retain the cliff tile and the passability!!
Thanks a lot for the help guys!! :D
Quote from: Blizzard on July 05, 2008, 11:32:03 am
Use empty tiles on the third layer that are not passable in each direction.
Magic...You beat me to a pulp on that. ._.
I'm sad. D:
Still, good job you solved the problem! :D
Make sure you can remember which blank tile does what to the cliff. Albeit, it's just easy if you make it similar to the cliff, but if it's pure blank, you may have to go to the Database a little too much. :o
Quote from: Blizzard on July 05, 2008, 11:32:03 am
Use empty tiles on the third layer that are not passable in each direction.
Quote from: magic2345 on July 05, 2008, 11:37:37 am
I should make a blank tile that has the same passabilty as the cliff! That way, it will retain the cliff tile and the passability!!
Way to rephrase what I said. xD