Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: sirsniffy on July 06, 2008, 02:04:33 pm

Title: knockback animations?
Post by: sirsniffy on July 06, 2008, 02:04:33 pm
I'm currently using Blizz-ABS. Are there any compatible scripts where your character has 'knockback' animations, where the character gets hit and the animations change?
Title: Re: knockback animations?
Post by: Blizzard on July 06, 2008, 02:23:53 pm
Nope. At least not that I know of.
Title: Re: knockback animations?
Post by: sirsniffy on July 07, 2008, 03:37:40 pm
Oh okay, thanks Blizz! I noticed you have 8 way movement options for the charactersprites, but in RPGMXP, is there any way to have animations for the diagonal movements?

Right now, RPGMXP default sprites only have enough frames to support 4 way movement. Is there a designation to save the files as, so that the diagonal animations can display?

eg).character_atk.png = attack
     character_diag.png= diagonal movement(?)

I love the way you organized each set of animations for atk, def, jump, run, etc. Maybe you could do the same for knockback animations, and diagonal movement in a future upgrade to ABS?
Title: Re: knockback animations?
Post by: Blizzard on July 08, 2008, 03:51:24 am
I'm still not sure how complicated it would be to add a 8 direction sprite system and how compatible it would be with the rest of the system. It's a 50-50 chance. But if I decide to add it, it will come after version 2.0.