Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Diamond Star on August 28, 2012, 07:01:39 pm

Title: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Diamond Star on August 28, 2012, 07:01:39 pm
I want a script can colorfy actors' names whenever they are shown in message window
with color I specify and can change , and also ,if it can , I want to specify a group or
array of words to be colored with specific color defferent from the actors' names' color
whenever they are shown in message window too ..and thanks for this Perfect Site.
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Blizzard on August 29, 2012, 02:59:44 am
The color command for the message box is \c[NUMBER] where NUMBER ranges from 0 to 6 (if I remember right). Just use it like this:

Hello, \c[1]this\c[0] word is blue.


\c[0] is white
\c[1] is blue
\c[2] is red
\c[3] is green

I don't remember the rest. ._.;
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: stripe103 on August 29, 2012, 10:18:08 am
Google does :)

0= White
1= Blue
2= Red
3= Green
4= Cyan
5= Magenta
6= Yellow
7= Grey
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Boba Fett Link on August 29, 2012, 11:03:16 am
You can also click the ? box in the input text window and then click in the text field. It will show you all the other stuff you can do with text, too.
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Blizzard on August 29, 2012, 01:40:49 pm
Quote from: stripe103 on August 29, 2012, 10:18:08 am
Google does :)

0= White
1= Blue
2= Red
3= Green
4= Cyan
5= Magenta
6= Yellow
7= Grey


Fixed.
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Boba Fett Link on August 29, 2012, 01:44:38 pm
Yes, because Magenta and Purple are completely opposite colors. :V:
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: stripe103 on August 29, 2012, 01:57:02 pm
Fixed the original too :)
I agree that Magenta and Purple is quite different, but it wasn't me that wrote it. It was some random guy on the Neoseeker webpage or whatever it was..
It's really kinda wierd. People that are dealing with game making and such, usually can get even a bit annoyed when people say purple instead of magenta.
"Normal" people don't care :)

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on August 29, 2012, 11:03:16 am
You can also click the ? box in the input text window and then click in the text field. It will show you all the other stuff you can do with text, too.

Or just click F1 in that dialog.
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Diamond Star on August 29, 2012, 06:04:23 pm
Thank you but this is not my request
I want actors' names to be clorified with special color whenever they are shown
in message window automatically , in addition to a group of words I specify
with another color
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Boba Fett Link on August 29, 2012, 07:33:01 pm
...

I don't see why you need to do it automatically. Its not like you can't just type \c[5]\N[1]\c[0]. Pretty simple.

I mean, every time the actor's name is in a message window you'd have to type it anyway. So its really not much more trouble to type the above.

The actor's name color is Magenta, not purple. Understand?
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: LiTTleDRAgo on September 02, 2012, 07:52:11 am
in Window_Message, find this line

Quote
      text.gsub!(/\\[Nn]\[([0-9]+)\]/) do
        $game_actors[$1.to_i] != nil ? $game_actors[$1.to_i].name : ""
      end


change it to

Quote
      text.gsub!(/\\[Nn]\[([0-9]+)\]/) do
        $game_actors[$1.to_i] != nil ? "\\c[1]" + $game_actors[$1.to_i].name + "\\c[0]" : ""
      end


now, everytime you using \n[1], \n[2], etc in dialog, it will automatically colored
Title: Re: [XP] colorfy actors' name in message window
Post by: Diamond Star on September 02, 2012, 06:05:12 pm
Thank for your answer
I will try it ,and I think this is it
I need it in my priject ,so thank you