Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Zexion on December 24, 2012, 01:33:15 pm

Title: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: Zexion on December 24, 2012, 01:33:15 pm
How would I move this arrow seen hee-ya:
(http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8765/thism.png)
to the right edge of the window?
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: KK20 on December 24, 2012, 01:47:53 pm
You'll need a script that rewrites the Window class. I used the one by Selwyn in my Advance Wars.
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: Zexion on December 24, 2012, 01:57:46 pm
KK20 your awesome btw :P

Anyways, I got the script, but which parts do I change? I'm assuming it's the pause buttons...
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: KK20 on December 24, 2012, 02:04:14 pm
In def x=(x) under class Window. You'll see
@pause_s.x = x + (@width / 2) - 8

Basically just modify that. Like,
@pause_s.x = x + @width - 16

or something similar
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: Zexion on December 24, 2012, 02:09:15 pm
Yeah that's what I thought it would be, but for some reason it has no effect when I change it. Is there a particular order which I have to have the script in?
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: KK20 on December 24, 2012, 02:22:26 pm
I don't see how that could be, unless one of your scripts defines its own x=() method without calling a super.

If placing the custom Window script at the bottom doesn't work, then I have no idea what's the problem. My new test project took the change just fine.
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: Zexion on December 24, 2012, 04:25:40 pm
Never mind, I managed to find a workaround. By making some small edits to dubealex's messaging system I set custom widths ,x ,y coords at specific justifications, and extended the window to give the appearance of the arrow being at the end. Then I just use events to hid the skin and display a picture instead, and tada magic text boxes :).

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6330/previewcv.png)
Title: Re: Should be simple (message window edit)
Post by: ThallionDarkshine on December 24, 2012, 06:21:17 pm
I think what wasn't working before was that you need to modify the Window_Base script. Change this line:
Window_Base < Window

to this:
Window_Base < SG::Window