Im currently usin Ubuntu 12.04 lts i got Rpg maker xp Successfully working on Wine. It works great. But the problem is that i downloaded Blizz abs config 2.84.exe wont open. Did anyone manage to get it working on wine? I need to install .Net framework on Ubuntu but i get this termina error?
Thanks,
I'm not sure this is possible. I use to have linux (I code in java) and found coding in Linux much easier then windows coding. But trying to run window programs was very tricky.
The config is built on Microsoft .NET, which doesn't run on linux. The config app will not work.
You can try to install Mono as Blizz-ABS Config requires only .NET 2.0 to be installed and if I remember right, .NET 2.0 is supported in Mono.
I used to use VM Ware (http://www.vmware.com/) to run windows xp.
Not sure if it would solve your problem but you can try it.
BOO-YAH!!
(http://s1.postimage.org/8ulv5vp4f/Screenshot_from_2012_12_25_19_05_11.png)
Woah i just realised Blzzard commented on this :D, HEllO! :D, Ill be more specific about the error. Script 2 'abs 2' line 7093 NameError occurred. undefined method 'setup' for class 'interpreter' It pops every time i try to rn test the game
Make sure that you paste all 3 parts of the script into the script editor in different slots. When you generate the configuration with the config app, you simply replace part 1 of the script.
Also, please use the "Modify" button in the top right corner instead of double/multi-posting. :)
Thanks, They're already in different slots 1, 2 and 3. But still i get the error :(. Does it matter if its at the very top of the scripts list or does it matter which rmxp version im using? (1.02a)
They should be at the bottom, but above main.
Refer here for the order: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html