Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Scoryth on January 10, 2013, 11:47:30 am

Title: Looking for a hard to find ATB system.
Post by: Scoryth on January 10, 2013, 11:47:30 am
Some time ago I was using an Active Time Battle system for RMXP that was unique. Instead of each actor having bars next to their names that filled as they waited their turn, this ATB had a single bar in the upper corner of the screen that had an icon of each actor and enemy in the battle. The icons started on the left of the bar and slid to the right. The speed of their movement along the bar was based on the actor's/enemy's speed. When the icon of said actor reached the right side of the bar that actor's command window appeared (or if it was the enemy it would perform its desired action). I have tried looking for it, but I can't find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

-Scoryth
Title: Re: Looking for a hard to find ATB system.
Post by: Terv on January 10, 2013, 04:39:54 pm
I remember one French game that has this CBS. I checked the project again, is it this one? The bar is as you described.

(http://www.tikky.tk/public/screen.png)
Title: Re: Looking for a hard to find ATB system.
Post by: Scoryth on January 12, 2013, 08:55:23 am
I don't recall the system looking that awesome, but that is the general idea. The time bar was in the upper (right?) corner and it had a gradient color, but as far as functionality, yes that's quite accurate.

-Scoryth
Title: Re: Looking for a hard to find ATB system.
Post by: Terv on January 12, 2013, 03:59:42 pm
So I have found a battle system called "CBS", that defines a module called "CCOA_CBS". However the battles ingame don't really look like Ccoa's BS  :huh: Mr.Mo's ABS is there too but that's definitely not it. So I guess even though the game has that bar you mentioned it's probably not the CBS you are looking for :/

I recommend checking out other, current battle systems; there are plenty, and they often come with many features ready to use and additionally are highly customizable.
Title: Re: Looking for a hard to find ATB system.
Post by: Jragyn on February 17, 2013, 02:05:32 pm
I'm pretty sure there are settings within Enu's Tankentai that arranged the system similar to what you've described.