Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Sixdd on September 09, 2013, 05:38:45 am

Title: [RMXP] Menu Tweaking
Post by: Sixdd on September 09, 2013, 05:38:45 am
Hello all, been working with RPG MakerXP for years now but have never quite fully grasped RGSS. What I am looking for is someone to help me integrate several systems to make them look more uniform and like they all belong to the same game.

The list of scripts that I am currently using is somewhat extensive but compatibility has been good so far. The list is not necessarily final but no further features are planned at this point so you would be working on a final feature set rather than a continually growing list of scripts.

Scripts.rxdata (http://"https://www.dropbox.com/s/8m7i0l6iksqyqnv/Scripts.rxdata")

Scripts I am using:

-Tons of Addons by Blizzard
  ~Battle Cursor
  ~Better TileMap Update
  ~Gradient Bars
  ~Shaded Text
  ~Status Icons
  ~Custom Controls
  ~Multidrop
  ~Font Override
  ~Equap Skills
  ~Demi Skill
  ~Charge Skill
  ~Master Thief
-Zer0 CMS by ForeverZer0
-UMS by Ccoa
-Sideview Battle System Version 2.1xp + 3 small addons
-CCTS + Advanced Weather by ForeverZer0
-Event Range Conditions by ForeverZer0
-Actor Customization by Synthesize
-PrexCraft by Prexus
-Blizzards Party Switcher
-Gold Window by kellessdee


Work To Be Done
The actual work I need done is mostly with the CMS and the scripts that add new scenes. I would like the main menu on the CMS to include a button and integration for PrexCraft and the Actor Customization scripts. The Picture below shows a basic idea of what I would like to achieve.

Normal menu:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://t2.pixhost.org/thumbs/5139/18656483_menu1.gif) (http://www.pixhost.org/show/5139/18656483_menu1.gif)


After pressing "Crafting" button:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://t2.pixhost.org/thumbs/5139/18656482_crafting.gif) (http://www.pixhost.org/show/5139/18656482_crafting.gif)


Note that the small information window disappears and is replaced with the large Crafting window, I'm flexible on this point so if it makes any difference we can have it centered more like the status window. Also note that the new windows should follow the transparency rules of the CMS and slide down from the top (underneath the main menu bar on the z depth). The "Actor Customization" window should act in the same way but there are more edits necessary for that window as the arrangement needs adjusted as well, explained below.

The way I would like the Actor Customization window to work is similar to the status window in that the character information window should update as you scroll through character, currently you have to actually select a character to update the window. I would also like it changed from a single button for increase and decrease actions to something like this:

[-X]   SKILL_NAME   [+X]
[-X]   SKILL_NAME   [+X]
etc...

Basically a button on either side that you can go back and forth between, then you press enter and it adds the point(s) to that stat. I'd also like the +/- buttons to say for much it will increase/decrease the stat, I know this is already defined in the Actor Customization script so it should just need to be referenced. The screenshot below gives a basic idea of what it would look like in the current state.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://t3.pixhost.org/thumbs/3737/18656589_acmenu.gif) (http://www.pixhost.org/show/3737/18656589_acmenu.gif)


Again the customization window needs to be redone so that it is more readable. The stats in particular are done in such a way that it is difficult to read. I would like each stat to have the current value on the left and then if the stat will change have the plus or minus sign and the amount that it will change. So for example:

----------------------
MaxHP          75
MaxSP          36
Strength       24  
Dexterity       17  +  3
Agility           19
Spirit            14  +  5
----------------------

Pluses should be green and minuses should be red as you would expect. Also any other way that could make this window more readable and have less stretched text would be good so feel free to adlib on this one a bit. A special bonus to you if you can get it to stop changing the game word for Dexterity to Vitality, I believe this is the Sideview Battle System at work but I couldn't find where to fix it.

The last edit to the menu that I have is a simple one. When you select the data option a small window pops with Save and Load on it. I would like that changed to Save and Exit. Selecting Save should bring up the save menu as you'd guess and Exit should take you to the title screen and clear all variables etc etc.

Gold Window by kellessdee
This script is a favorite little time saver, whenever the game detects a "Gold Gained" event it pops a little window that displays your current gold and then counts up quickly to the new total. I would like it very much if this could be extended to items as well, displaying the item icon, name, and count of the item. Currently the window stops the player from moving so I would like that changed as well if possible. I would also like it if this window could be made to animate up from the bottom and then back down again after it is finished if possible.

Summary

-Menu Edits
  ~Add "Stat" button
   *Integrate Actor Customization into menu
   *Make changes to layout of customization menu
  ~Add "Crafting" button
   *Integrate PrexCraft into menu
  ~Alter Save/Load button to Save/Exit

-Change Gold Window script to include items


I hope this hasn't been too long of a request.

~Six
Title: Re: [RMXP] CMS Integration and Some Reworking
Post by: Sixdd on September 13, 2013, 05:56:55 am
37 views and not a single reply? At least tell me I'm asking too much or something.
Title: Re: [RMXP] CMS Integration and Some Reworking
Post by: G_G on September 13, 2013, 10:10:29 am
Don't be discouraged. There's a good chance a good fistful of those views were by guests/bots. And you are asking for quite a bit but that doesn't mean no one wants to help you. It's just no one has the time right now.
Title: Re: [RMXP] CMS Integration and Some Reworking
Post by: PhoenixFire on September 13, 2013, 10:24:33 am
Gameus is right on that one, and please remember, not everyone on here is a scripter either. I personally like helping people when I can, but to be honest, I'm more of an eventer, with minimal script capabilities. Like, I can read through someone's script and understand the basics of what they're doing (I'm good at troubleshooting), but I do not write my own scripts =p they never do well haha

You do ask for a lot, but not too much. Also, have you tried doing this yourself yet? If so, what did you try, and what did/didn't work? Details like that might get you some responses too.
Title: Re: [RMXP] CMS Integration and Some Reworking
Post by: KK20 on September 13, 2013, 06:37:39 pm
It would also be best to upload your Scripts.rxdata so that we, the scripters, don't have to go digging for all those custom scripts you're using.
Title: [RMXP] CMS Integration and Some Reworking
Post by: Sixdd on September 14, 2013, 04:12:13 pm
Yay replies! I can upload the scripts no problem. I would attempt these things myself but my abilities are largely in design and eventing. I can't even count the number of times I messed up the menu because I didn't even know where to begin to try and add buttons to it let alone how to make it scroll back and forth so everything would fit into the same window.

Here is the scripts.rxdata (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8m7i0l6iksqyqnv/Scripts.rxdata)

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: [RMXP] CMS Integration and Some Reworking
Post by: Sixdd on October 15, 2013, 02:43:21 am
Still needing help for this if anyone has the time.