Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Tazero on October 17, 2013, 06:42:06 pm

Title: MTU and Nagle >.< [Help Please ;~;]
Post by: Tazero on October 17, 2013, 06:42:06 pm
So as the title suggests I'm attempting to change my Laptops MTU and disable the Nagle algorithm, I've done the nagle part but the MTU is still somewhat of a mystery.

I'm using a windows 8 Laptop with Wi-Fi (Apparently this will change the command that I should be using) But it just says I need to run at an elevated level and when I run as admin that text disappears but then it says there is some sort of syntax error.

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1458 store=persistent
< This is for a wired connection (Which I do not use)
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1458 store=persistent
< This is for the Wireless which gives me a syntax error.

Please help D:
Title: Re: MTU and Nagle >.< [Help Please ;~;]
Post by: winkio on October 17, 2013, 07:02:15 pm
Try replacing the space with an '=' between subinterface and the name of the connection.
Title: Re: MTU and Nagle >.< [Help Please ;~;]
Post by: Tazero on October 17, 2013, 07:07:04 pm
The error went away, I'll test if it actually did something thanks!

Edit works fine :D