Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Video Games => Topic started by: Tazero on October 21, 2013, 08:37:30 pm

Title: Help :(
Post by: Tazero on October 21, 2013, 08:37:30 pm
Hey guys, I've been looking for games that are a bit different than what I usually play (Dark souls, Cod, Minecraft) Preferably F2P or has a demo available (On steam or something similar) I'm just trying to stay away from FPS-Type games and such. Thanks in advanced :|
Title: Re: Help :(
Post by: R.A.V.S.O on October 21, 2013, 08:45:08 pm
Well I played Phantasy Star Online once on the dreamcast (one of the first DC games to get online gameplay)
it was great for it's time... then sega made a PC version and added a new chapter

now it's called Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst (PSOBB)
has 3 episodes to play ep's I, II, IV, (ep III was gamecube exclusive but you're not missing much here)
and there are still very active servers for it,
Title: Re: Help :(
Post by: winkio on October 21, 2013, 10:29:30 pm
You could always get an emulator and play some classic games.
Title: Re: Help :(
Post by: Tazero on October 21, 2013, 11:28:44 pm
I just got done with Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA) For the 3rd time, I love it ;~;
Title: Re: Help :(
Post by: R.A.V.S.O on October 22, 2013, 12:33:15 am
I also tried this great remake from an old sega genesis trilogy called "Streets of Rage"

the remake basically combines all the SoR 1 2 and 3 routes, into one huge route that branches, and crosses paths,
all with properly remixed themes, 8 different endings, unlockables (boss rush, survival mode, event mode)
tons or replay value.... words don't make much justice so here's a trailer

Spoiler: ShowHide


the remake is basically one huge love letter to the trilogy, and even has an editor.
Title: Re: Help :(
Post by: Tazero on October 22, 2013, 08:27:15 am
Thats kinda funny, I own the sega throwback pack for xbox and SoR1/2/3 They are good games. Reminds me of Battle toads :D
Title: Re: Help :(
Post by: Spoofus on December 01, 2013, 11:46:51 pm
If you want to play Phantasy Star online:Blue Burst version as R.A.V.S.O mentioned look up SchtHack PSO Sega gave them official rights to run the game. I play it on occasion.