Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Untitled on October 30, 2013, 12:23:35 am

Title: [VX] Overworld Character Animation Stop Script Location?
Post by: Untitled on October 30, 2013, 12:23:35 am
The italicized part has been solved~
So my code's about the most simple edit to the stock scripts:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # * Processing of Movement via input from the Directional Buttons
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 def move_by_input
   return unless movable?
   return if $game_map.interpreter.running?
   case Input.dir8
   when 1;  move_lower_left  #new
   when 3;  move_lower_right #new
   when 5;  move_upper_right #new
   when 7;  move_upper_left  #new
   when 2;  move_down
   when 4;  move_left
   when 6;  move_right
   when 8;  move_up
   end
 end

Basically, it's adding four more directions of overworld movement that are already programmed for, and it works great--for three of the four. When trying to move_upper_right, the character just stops and doesn't move anywhere.

The character also stops when trying to move diagonally along a straight wall, but that at least is expected.


The bolded part has not yet been solved
And while I'm asking such a small question, where's the script that causes the player character (or any overworld character, I guess) to stop animating when they stop moving? I've found some suspects, but nothing definitive.


Thanks!
Title: Re: [VX] Can't Move Up-Right
Post by: KK20 on October 30, 2013, 12:48:58 am
Ever wondered why down is represented as 2 or up as 8? Look at the NumPad on your keyboard.

In short, change the 5 to a 9.

Can't help with the second problem since I don't use VX.
Title: Re: [VX] Can't Move Up-Right
Post by: Untitled on October 30, 2013, 02:06:16 am
OHHHH okay that makes a lot of sense, thanks! I didn't think of that since I'm on a laptop.

I suppose since the main issue is solved, I'll go ahead and change the topic title, thanks again!