Right, so I was going to be quiet about a second game I am planning to work on after The Missing Part - (Title Missing), but I need a lot of help to get things up and running the way I want it to since this game will use Blizz-ABS.
I want one of the main selling points of this game to be epic and challenging boss fights, however I've been looking through some tutorials and reading through the Help file. I've also downloaded Arches Goes to Battle Camp and looked through the configuration there but I still cannot figure out how to make unique setups for enemies.
The boss fights I want to create are 90% evented and 10% random most of the time. I want to be able to specify exactly what they should do and how their attack patterns should be. Do I need scripting knowledge of this or is there an easy way to make a unique boss pattern like e.g: Jumps around a map, causing earthquakes that makes rocks fall down at you and detonating bombs on the ground that causes an explotion in a big radious.
I'd be willing to talk through skype if someone would like to give me a rundown on how things works when you make evented bosses. Or maybe post a tutorial on this stuff that I've missed.
Arches Goes to Battle Camp has this, and it is completely evented, most of which is done in the move route of the enemy. Also, I don't know if he is still around, but I remember RoseSkye made some pretty sophisticated battles in Blizz-ABS.
But I don't understand how everything is set up in the move route.
like $BlizzABS.enemy_force_action(1, ACTORS, 0, ATTACK, 0) for example.
What does that even mean? :huh:
It's under section 4.4.3 in the manual.
Basically says this:
Event ID 1 will target the actor in the party at position 0 (the player). This event will use the default attack. The zero is unnecessary and is ignored.
Thanks, I'll take another look at the manual. This helped :)