Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Chaze007 on January 17, 2014, 06:35:33 pm

Title: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: Chaze007 on January 17, 2014, 06:35:33 pm
Alright so I'm looking to make a project in my free time and have both XP and VXA. Problem is I rarely used any of them and don't know much.
I know XP has a far better editor, and bigger script support. I've heard that VXA has better framerate, and the database is easier for newbies and more customized.
I plan to parallax map, unless there are alternatives. The biggest scripts I plan to use are some CMS, CBS, gathering, better messaging etc. Other than that I don't plan to add anything crazy big.
graphics are not a problem, though I know XP has a bigger gallery, I really really like VXA's Mack, though everything is easily converted.
So I'd like a debate on which would be better to use, I'd like pros and cons on both and little to no biased opinion. Begin? <3.
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: AliveDrive on January 17, 2014, 07:15:07 pm
Unbiased opinion? Both are good.

Slightly biased opinion? XP is way better than Ace. Reason? More widely used I feel, more love for XP in my opinion.

It's funny you should mention gathering because I'm working on a pretty sweet gathering evented system right now. I could maybe help guide you on that if you'd be interested.

Personally I use XP.
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: KK20 on January 17, 2014, 07:53:28 pm
Or just have the best of both worlds (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12899.0.html).
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: Chaze007 on January 17, 2014, 08:09:45 pm
Huh that's neat. So I build the game in XP and get the performance from VXA?
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: KK20 on January 17, 2014, 08:11:57 pm
As well as the added script calls that come from VXA like changing the screen size and such. But yeah, it's VXA performance in an XP project.
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: Chaze007 on January 17, 2014, 08:14:30 pm
I may try that. Hope it's not too complicated for my little brain
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: AliveDrive on January 17, 2014, 08:41:05 pm
I heard it takes 10 minutes. But I have yet to try it.
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: PhoenixFire on January 17, 2014, 10:38:24 pm
Well, yes, it's pretty simple, but if you'd like, I have a copy of it all packaged and ready lolz
Title: Re: RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA
Post by: Chaze007 on January 17, 2014, 10:39:46 pm
That'd be great.