Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: AliveDrive on January 19, 2014, 03:25:46 pm

Title: Dynamic Lighting
Post by: AliveDrive on January 19, 2014, 03:25:46 pm
So I was looking at the script on this (http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/7082-dynamic-lighting-effects) page and I think it will be handy for the firefly event that I've made.

Here is my problem, since they are always called by switches or self-switches (Day/Night cycle using CCTS), they don't light up.

Take the switches off and it reads that page first calling the lighiting.

Here is an excerpt from that page:

"I still need to:

(1) Make it so only the light's that are visible update
(2) Make it so you can create the player as a light source
(3) Make it so if you set the light source on a separate page (as in called by a switch or something) will activate the light. (thank you to kevin.ds for pointing this issue out)"

So yeah number 3 is the only issue I can't work with. I read that F0 helped him and I was curious if any of you know whether or not something like this can be done.
Title: Re: Dynamic Lighting
Post by: Heretic86 on January 19, 2014, 06:14:50 pm
There are some cool effects coming out of this script, but it does need a few upgrades, just as you mentioned.

Visible updates are a good idea.  Theyre the foundation of many Anti Lag scripts.  It also shouldnt update if erased.

Yeah, player needs to be able to be a light source.

Pages is even better.  I know its possible cuz I just did it in my Animation Speed script.  Other things I dont like about the script is you cant change properties on the fly.  Once they're in the comment name, its stuck that way.  More effective to make it a @light_property read from the comment, then allow that property to be changed by $game_player / $game_map.events[ev_id].light property.  Lets contact the author and see what we can do.
Title: Re: Dynamic Lighting
Post by: AliveDrive on January 19, 2014, 09:24:25 pm
Oh nice work, I see you posted on the other forum already.

I've been going through your Art & Scripts collection, does your cave lighting feature work in the same way?

I enjoy being able to change the lights color, as in the screenshot.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx245/RatatatOG/Screenshot_1.png)
Title: Re: Dynamic Lighting
Post by: Heretic86 on January 20, 2014, 10:15:37 pm
Cave Lighting I did with a Parallel Event and two pictures.  The pic with the Smaller Light just fades in and out.  I think I like this effect better, but would be more useful if the author had included a "Subtractive Light" that ran well.
Title: Re: Dynamic Lighting
Post by: AliveDrive on January 20, 2014, 10:17:10 pm
I have seen other scripts that accomplish the same, but the colors are important to me.

I plan on using them as in the example.

Know any method that would allow that to happen?