Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Memor-X on July 21, 2008, 07:30:26 pm

Title: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: Memor-X on July 21, 2008, 07:30:26 pm
if you got a PS3 controler then you would have notice to recharge it, you use a USB cable, and since the cable is the same make as a PSP one (used to connect to the PC or even to the PS3 for Remote Play) it can plug into the computer, i pluged up one of my contolers to my laptop because i wanted a USB controler with sticks so i could play Zelda on Project64 (and other games) plus to have a controler i can use with EPSXE without using the keyborad and also so my dad can play Half-Life, it said it was installed but i cant set the buttons in on the configure menus of Half-Life, Project64 or EPSXE.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows if there is more i need to do, like any drivers i need installed onto my latop
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on July 21, 2008, 07:40:45 pm
http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/ (http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/)

I hope this helps you very much. This was done through a Google search and a skim read, so I hope this works for you. It seems to be quick and painless, so I don't think there'll be any problems.

EDIT: If you already use this method, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry, I don't have a PS3 so I never tried this.  :^_^':
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: Blizzard on July 24, 2008, 09:05:35 pm
I used once a controller for Project 64. I simply installed the drivers of the controller and it worked.
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: Valcos on July 24, 2008, 11:37:07 pm
I hooked up my controller so i can use it for SF but gameguard blocked it and my hacks got patch.... :'(
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: GAX on July 27, 2008, 02:12:15 am
Could just use Joy 2 Key for SOldier Front.  Then again, Nexon's a bunch of pricks.
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: Valcos on July 27, 2008, 10:57:59 pm
I was going to use Joy 2 Key but I heard it was already block  :( I would be like 12x better with a controller! 8-O
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: NintenDood on July 27, 2008, 11:36:07 pm
I'll try this, thanks Kirby :D
Yay!!!! 8)

Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: GAX on August 31, 2008, 03:40:25 pm
THEY BLOCKED JTK IN SOLDIER FRONT?!

FUCKING NEXON MAN...Hell, I used to use JTK in Maplestory for a while, it was kinda fun but tedious to switch from keyboard to controller and back.  Maybe if I had one of those FFXI controllers with the keyboard built in so I could type in shit without having to switch.  Oh well...

Nexon should add controller functionality though, I think their only problem is Auto-Fire controllers, or they lack the mental capacity to impliment such a function.
Title: Re: PS3 Controler on my laptop
Post by: Valcos on August 31, 2008, 08:36:42 pm
Lol... yeah. Cause then you could set buttons to day like a zillion different functions at once...  :^_^': (which would be awesome)