Why can't I die on the map? I put an event to lower my hp by one on parallel process and it always stops at one. Even if I use a script call instead of the event call. Is there a script protecting mah life?
couldn't you just make it so that when it checks your HP if it's already on 1, to instantly give you KO'ed status?
I think that it's set up to not let you die; I'd probably go with RAVSO's idea. Just have it kill the player if their HP is already 1.
Just have your event check if hp is 1 or will be less than one after removing hp, then game over if it will be, otherwise just remove hp.
:facepalm: Thanks guys, lol!
Did you check the box at the bottom of the event command that says "allow knockout in battle" ? Because if you did, it should work, even on the map with nothing extra.
Yeah I did, but it didn't work :s The best thing is just to call the gameover scene when only one hp is left. Though, atm, I am trying to figure out how I am going to go about this whole abs situation. My evented one is running into problems with the animations, so I might have to scrap it D:
Quote from: Zexion on March 01, 2014, 11:47:30 pm
Yeah I did, but it didn't work :s The best thing is just to call the gameover scene when only one hp is left. Though, atm, I am trying to figure out how I am going to go about this whole abs situation. My evented one is running into problems with the animations, so I might have to scrap it D:
Your own evented abs? You have a demo?
Quote from: Seltzer Cole on March 03, 2014, 01:04:10 am
Quote from: Zexion on March 01, 2014, 11:47:30 pm
Yeah I did, but it didn't work :s The best thing is just to call the gameover scene when only one hp is left. Though, atm, I am trying to figure out how I am going to go about this whole abs situation. My evented one is running into problems with the animations, so I might have to scrap it D:
Your own evented abs? You have a demo?
I can give you the demo, but I stopped working on it when I realised that the animations will always play in the wrong order unless the button is pressed at a VERY specific time lol. If you still want it, pm me.