Hi, I have been looking at Mode 7 for a world map script but it does not want to work with rmx-os and abs, is there anything like this that some one can give me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolcEh4TBis
there is only one mode 7 patch known to work with Blizz abs and I have no idea if the same patch would let RMX-OS work or not. It uses H-Mode7 by MGCaladtogel (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9900.0.html).
you can find the patched version in our database here (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,4373.0.html). sadly it still glitchy as all getout and hasn't been updated since 2009 so I've no idea on it's current compatibility.
In general the scripts are too complicated for there to be a non trivial way to make them compatible and thous of use who have the skill to do it simply don't have the time or motivation to try so your kinda out of luck, sorry.
Is there any alternative abit simpilar? maybe a mouse based system to click teleport?
Quote from: whitespirits on March 03, 2014, 05:27:53 pm
Is there any alternative abit simpilar? maybe a mouse based system to click teleport?
You could try using an image with events. If you're using the Blizz-ABS mouse controller, it should be mouse compatible, though you might need to get creative with your events.
mode 7 is so similar to what i need, and i only need it for 1 map with transfer events, maybe this would make it viable if some 1 could implement?
Quote from: whitespirits on March 03, 2014, 07:23:00 pm
mode 7 is so similar to what i need, and i only need it for 1 map with transfer events, maybe this would make it viable if some 1 could implement?
Making a Mode-7 script that is compatible with BABS would certainly be possible, but it would be a pretty big job, even if one were to start with Rose's existing implementation. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's just probably not something that someone can whip together for you in an afternoon. In the meantime, it might be good to start thinking of a backup plan. Is there anything in particular about Mode 7 that you really needed for your world map, or is it more of just a visual thing?
Just a visual thing, i want to stick as close as I can to the DBZ concept from the GBA, because intead of all the maps flowing i would like to use the world map to navigate areas.
I think it would be easier if there was a way to "turn off" blizz abs, since it's not needed on that map. Idk how to do that though lol
Ye, turning off Blizz abs and even the online feature on that map would be ok if i knew how :D
this is the error adding the script that was set to be compatible with Blizz ABS
(http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy324/richadam111/moade7error_zpsa19b9193.png) (http://s804.photobucket.com/user/richadam111/media/moade7error_zpsa19b9193.png.html)
I don't think that the script was meant to work with RMX-OS, and I also think that Blizz-ABS has undergone quite a few changes since that script was made. Unfortunately, at this point, I think it's probably best to just choose some sort of alternative. Do you think there might be some way that you could have a similar world map but just have it 2D instead of in Mode 7? I bet you could still make it look fantastic, even without the special effects. :)
OK does any1 know of a good overworld world map tileset for rmxp?
Only one I know is inquisitors