Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: Heretic86 on March 06, 2014, 10:08:51 pm

Title: Scripts for Independant Battler Sprites?
Post by: Heretic86 on March 06, 2014, 10:08:51 pm
Just screwing around with something, trying to create a Rotating Hue for enemies based on Spell Effects.  That part works fine, but what seems to be screwing up is the Cache, I think.  What happens is that I have two Ghosts.  I apply an effect to one of the Ghost Battler Sprites to rotate the hue, but it also affects the other Ghost even though the effect is not applied to it.  Thus, caching issue?

Im just curious if there are any existing frameworks to make each Battler Sprite independant of other duplicate sprites...
Title: Re: Scripts for Independant Battler Sprites?
Post by: KK20 on March 07, 2014, 01:19:41 am
Battler sprites are obtained via RPG::Cache.battler, which is a Bitmap object. So...can't you just make a clone of the bitmap object?
Title: Re: Scripts for Independant Battler Sprites?
Post by: Heretic86 on March 07, 2014, 02:45:05 am
Probably could.  Just wondering if there were existing scripts, or at least parts of existing scripts that already accomplished this.  I'll try what you suggested tomorrow when I can focus better.
Title: Re: Scripts for Independant Battler Sprites?
Post by: Heretic86 on April 03, 2014, 10:28:28 pm
So I came up with a little something...

Im not really aiming for fully animated battlers, just something to make them less "static".  So far what this does is basically gives a "walk animation" to enemies, and the ability to rotate any Battlers hue.  Might be useful for certain types of spell effects, or just to break up the monotony.

Simple Demo
http://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/Animation%20Study.exe
(fixed link, space to %20)

Right now, it just animates with this image:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/Ghost (Animated).png)


What else do you think I should add to this?  I do NOT want another side view animated system, just something simple to animate Front View Battlers.  Give an option for an Attack Animation?  Spell Animation?  Just lookin for a bit of feedback...
Title: Re: Scripts for Independant Battler Sprites?
Post by: G_G on April 03, 2014, 10:38:11 pm
Well Blizzard already has an animated battler add-on in Tons of Add-ons, but if you could add different animated states, e.g. attack, hit, spell, etc... then it'd definitely be a cool script.