Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Troubleshooting / Help => Topic started by: PhoenixFire on May 16, 2014, 06:25:35 pm

Title: Small linux issue...
Post by: PhoenixFire on May 16, 2014, 06:25:35 pm
So, here I am, with a real, legal copy of XP (it was on sale so I figured why not), and I've been able to install and run the program fine. Heck, I've even been able to edit my current game, including all events, maps, music, etc with no problem at all. However, when I go to activate it, or use the offline unlock feature, it seems to just hang. Anyone have any ideas?


EDIT: I just tried the normal activate function, it it looks like it half works. It spins a little while, and then goes to a blank page with a button that says 'click here if not otherwise forwarded'. I guess we'll see what happens if I let it sit for a while (pressed button, no visual response from it, other than the button press action lolz)


MOAR EDIT: Yeah, so it just sits there and does nothing. Open to ideas again...
Title: Re: Small linux issue...
Post by: Ryex on May 19, 2014, 02:57:54 am
and you in wine on linux? I'm sorry to say but legal or not your going to have to crack it.  is this XP V1.02 or V1.03? if the former I have a psikey.dll you can use. latter you can use the simple registry hack (wine comes with regedit).
Title: Re: Small linux issue...
Post by: PhoenixFire on May 19, 2014, 06:17:34 pm
1.05a

I tried the registry hack :V: no luck...


And yes, I've tried within WINE, and CrossOver as well. I've even gone as far as trying to get help from the actual Enterbrain people.. That didn't go too far haha.. If anything, I might be the one who knows more about their product on Linux than they do.

Basically, I'm running Linux Mint Petra, with the Cinnamon interface. Using WINE 1.4.1, and CrossOver 13.1.3

The worst part is that many other things seem to work fine with them both, just not the activation portion of RMXP -sad face-
Title: Re: Small linux issue...
Post by: Ryex on May 20, 2014, 05:16:28 pm
well shoot.

wait. wine 1.4.1? why are you using the ancient version? screw that noise that STABLE build is 1.6.2, it's more than a year old. get the wine beta 1.7.
Title: Re: Small linux issue...
Post by: PhoenixFire on May 22, 2014, 08:28:13 am
Okay, I'll let you know what happens... Downloading the beta version right now. As to why? Well, it's what came with the Mint install, I haven't run across other programs yet tat didn't work, and, I don't really use WINE to run it.. I use CrossOver (I bit the bullet and bought a license for it... Rather good software, def worth the money).
Title: Re: Small linux issue...
Post by: Ryex on May 24, 2014, 04:08:24 pm
wow really? cause crossover is simply Wine with a collection of scripts to employ workarounds for the things that have a few bugs... just use "Play on Linux" if your gonna use corssover.
Title: Re: Small linux issue...
Post by: PhoenixFire on May 25, 2014, 08:39:50 am
Yeah, I tried the PlayOnLinux software, but couldn't get it to run some of the things that I wanted :/