Chaos Project

Community => Welcome! => Topic started by: StormyT on May 29, 2014, 07:40:46 pm

Title: It's been a while.
Post by: StormyT on May 29, 2014, 07:40:46 pm
6 years, actually. Once upon a time, in 2008 there was an 10 year old child here on this board. Went by the simple initials-based user name of 'cstb'.
I can't believe it's been this long since I've been messing around with RPG Maker. The board logo hasn't changed since 2009 by the looks of it, either.
That was back when Gameus went by the name of gameguy and the Chaos-Project game was still in beta.
Things have changed a lot since then, but I think that kinda comes with the whole age-doubling thing. How's everybody been?
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: WhiteRose on May 29, 2014, 08:43:06 pm
2008 was before I was here, so I don't believe that we've met. Welcome to Chaos Project! It's great for you to be here. :D
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: Zexion on May 29, 2014, 08:59:28 pm
Was definately before my time. Welcome back to c-p :D
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: orochii on May 30, 2014, 12:53:16 am
But since 2008 it has been 6 years. So, are you 16 or 14? I'm a little confused.

BUT ANYWAY. Welcome back!
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: KK20 on May 30, 2014, 01:10:15 am
Yeah, it's been 6 years. lol

Good to see more people returning. You're practically a veteran :P

Oh, there you are: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?action=profile;u=239
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: Blizzard on May 30, 2014, 02:51:44 am
Wait, cstb? I remember you.
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 08:06:17 am
6 years. Miscalculation. Haven't really met anybody here except Blizzard. I'm 16 now, not 14. Silly me.
Either way, it's been a long time. Things have changed for me, and although I don't see myself getting too involved with RPG Maker I'm still keeping an eye on the community and how it's been evolving. I remember I was always so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and FFX-2. Wanted to try and merge them in RPG Maker although that's nigh impossible without a proper understanding of RGSS. Instead I found myself just messing around with Tons of Add-Ons and seeing how I could mix together different scripts for results. It's kinda fun to look back on my 10* (not 8 ) year old self typing with as many Zs instead of S's in my sentences, shortening everything for 'teh interwebs'.
Things do change.
I guess now that I think about it, I was kinda raised on RPG Maker, learning game design, etc. I've been focusing more on the sound aspect of things lately, what kind of feedback can make a hit seem satisfying. No simple cookie cutter midi tone works for me these days.
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: Crasger on May 30, 2014, 08:17:32 am
Welcome back to Chaos Project, one of the best forums on the net.
Nice, tight-knit community, isn't it?
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 09:30:21 am
It's pretty tight-knit indeed. I'm surprised it's still around though, to be honest.
Anyways, I've been going by Stormtronic on steam and League of Legends and whatnot, so if anybody desires to add me there you go.
yes I got stormtronic from blizzard's old cms
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: Soulshaker3 on May 30, 2014, 09:39:49 am
Welcome back to CP :)
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: Zexion on May 30, 2014, 12:19:57 pm
Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 08:06:17 am
I remember I was always so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and FFX-2. Wanted to try and merge them in RPG Maker although that's nigh impossible without a proper understanding of RGSS.

It's like I'm your younger self or something xD
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: Blizzard on May 30, 2014, 01:33:25 pm
Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 09:30:21 am
yes I got stormtronic from blizzard's old cms


OMG I CHANGED YOUR LIFE
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: orochii on May 30, 2014, 05:04:07 pm
Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 08:06:17 amI guess now that I think about it, I was kinda raised on RPG Maker, learning game design, etc. I've been focusing more on the sound aspect of things lately, what kind of feedback can make a hit seem satisfying. No simple cookie cutter midi tone works for me these days.

Seems like someone wasn't losing his time :DD. I'll do love to hear some of your stuff then.
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 05:43:25 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on May 30, 2014, 01:33:25 pm
Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 09:30:21 am
yes I got stormtronic from blizzard's old cms


OMG I CHANGED YOUR LIFE

Hilariously if you search up Stormtronic on google my usernames show up along with some musician of some sorts. I had to use more keywords to get your CMS.

Either way, I just got Mario Kart 8 installed so I'll be playing that now. If anybody wants to chat I'm always on steam.
Btw I just picked up VX Ace in case I get bored, so you guys might see some experimental gameplay demos around on the forum.
Thanks Humble Bundle.   :^_^':
Title: Re: It's been a while.
Post by: SquareMan on July 30, 2014, 04:03:47 pm
Welcome back to the forums Stormy. You seem to have gone inactive right around the time I registered here on the forums. I myself have just recently came back to the forums and was surprised as well at how well the community is still doing.