Chaos Project

Community => Welcome! => Topic started by: legacyblade on June 08, 2014, 10:25:05 pm

Title: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 08, 2014, 10:25:05 pm
Hey everyone. o.o wow. It's been a long time since I used a forum.

I know ya all haven't seen or heard from me in years, but I'm back now. And I'm planning on staying awhile, because it kinda sucks to not have anyone to talk to about what you're doing :P

Since I last saw everyone, I learned to code in C++ and started to build my own game engine (it's gonna be for fourswords style games). I recently came across my old class changing script. And MAAAAAN did I not know how to code back then. XD

I only came back online because of a RPG Maker contest I heard about. But it feels REALLY good to be online again, so I'm planning on staying for a long while again.

What's everyone been up to? o.o
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: winkio on June 08, 2014, 10:33:14 pm
Welcome back LB :D

Everyone's doing a bunch of different things, but I guess for me, Vault (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14190.0.html) is the main thing I'm doing right now.

It's definitely awesome to see an old member return, especially since there aren't that many of them left :)  Looking forward to updates on your engine!
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 08, 2014, 10:46:28 pm
Hey winkio! It's good to see you're still here lol.

Valut sounds like a ton of fun o.o I'm curious to see how you're going to ensure the player never gets permanently stuck because there's no way for him to get the right powerup in the world he generates. You gotta let me know when you've got something playable so I can try it out. You have an any artwork done yet, or are you still just going full tilt on the basic engine work?

For updates on my engine, run over to pixelbards.com

(or if you just want a quick progress update video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOJFAOtnp0Y)

Glad I'm not being met with boos for vanishing whilst everyone was still working on the ARK RTP >.>
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Ryex on June 08, 2014, 11:19:35 pm
Welcome Back to Chaos LB!  Man it's good to see you.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 08, 2014, 11:29:11 pm
Hey Ryex!!! Good to see you're still sporting that red bird avatar. Lol. Takes me back to the good old days seeing it again :P
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: PhoenixFire on June 09, 2014, 12:02:28 am
Welcome back :) may your legacy continue  :3
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 12:08:07 am
I see what you did there  :P

Thanks for the welcome (and the kitty face which we sadly have no smiley for :< )
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Ryex on June 09, 2014, 12:14:19 am
Quote from: legacyblade on June 08, 2014, 11:29:11 pm
Hey Ryex!!! Good to see you're still sporting that red bird avatar. Lol. Takes me back to the good old days seeing it again :P


Ya, I don't change that thing, it kinda IS my identity.

Quote from: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 12:08:07 am
(and the kitty face which we sadly have no smiley for :< )


Blizz... care to accommodate?
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: PhoenixFire on June 09, 2014, 12:14:47 am
(http://www.emotasia.com/wp-content/uploads/cute-white-kitten-head-emoticon-81.gif)

Error 404: Kitteh not found
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 12:22:59 am
Quote from: Ryex on June 09, 2014, 12:14:19 am
Ya, I don't change that thing, it kinda IS my identity.


I've always envied people who can stick to an avatar for more than a few years. Makes them a lot more recognizable across the internet. I mean, I'm off to change mine right now o.o

@PheonixFire,

OMG. Best. Emote. Ever.

*saves*
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: G_G on June 09, 2014, 01:56:33 am
Legacy! Dude.... You just punched me with a fistful of nostalgia. :3 Glad to see you back. Man, I hope we can keep bringing old members back. xD
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Blizzard on June 09, 2014, 02:01:23 am
:3 is good enough.
Welcome back, legacy! :D
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 02:21:20 am
@Gameus, It's good to be back, lol. Seeing the  :naughty: smiley watch me as I type brings back as much nostalgia as seeing me again must bring to you, lol. What old members are still active?

@Blizz, Thanks for the warm welcome blizz ^.^ I was afraid you'd be mad at me for disappearing while everyone was working on ARC >.>
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Blizzard on June 09, 2014, 03:09:20 am
Technically you weren't really doing much and you weren't essential so it wasn't really a problem. Besides, Ryex still hasn't finished the editor. And at this rate he never might. ._.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: MarkHest on June 09, 2014, 05:22:39 am
Welcome back, Legacyblade :) I also recently started looking back to the forum so we kinda arrived back at the same time (but still just lurking) :haha:
Good luck with your RMXP project!
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Zexion on June 09, 2014, 07:05:59 am
Don't belive we've ever met, but it's always nice to see the old member return. Good luck with this rpg contest thing!
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 09:41:02 am
@Blizzard, lol ok. Glad my leaving didn't really have much of an effect then XD But it'll be really sad if the editor never gets finished! You guhys have put TONS of work into it o.o

@MarkHest, Hey Hest! I guess there's just some alignment in the stars bringing us all back to chaos-project. XD

@Zexion, We haven't interacted much, but I've seen ya around the forums. I used to lurk your project topic a bit :P
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: KK20 on June 09, 2014, 02:00:33 pm
'ey, welcome back guy. We haven't really talked to each other much, but maybe that can all change. Looking forward to your game :]
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Blizzard on June 09, 2014, 04:27:55 pm
But it's about time you came back, LB. Now we can rape the land and pillage the women together. Or was it the other way around?
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 09:01:10 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on June 09, 2014, 04:27:55 pm
But it's about time you came back, LB. Now we can rape the land and pillage the women together. Or was it the other way around?


It's good to be back. But how did you know of my secret land-raping fetish? D: I'm so ashamed of my desire to ravish the dirt!

@KK20, Well just cuz we haven't talked much in the past doesn't mean we can't in the future! Glad you're looking forward to my game ^.^
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 02:07:49 pm
:D

:D

:D

:D

LEGACYBLADE! Welcome back!!!
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 10, 2014, 04:25:45 pm
:D :D :D :D

Hey WhiteRose ^.^ How you been?
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 06:17:55 pm
Quote from: legacyblade on June 10, 2014, 04:25:45 pm
:D :D :D :D

Hey WhiteRose ^.^ How you been?


Not too bad. Life is just life.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 10, 2014, 06:26:45 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 06:17:55 pm

Not too bad. Life is just life.


Indeed :P You been doing anything interesting? I see you're trying to learn to code in ruby.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 07:28:57 pm
Quote from: legacyblade on June 10, 2014, 06:26:45 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 06:17:55 pm

Not too bad. Life is just life.


Indeed :P You been doing anything interesting? I see you're trying to learn to code in ruby.


Well... about the Ruby thing.... Haha. It's on the list of things to do.

But it's kind of a long list. XD

If only I someone wanted to pay me for doing the weirdly varied list of things that I want to get done, then I would be pretty excited. But, alas, it is not the case.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Spiralflux on June 11, 2014, 12:00:44 am
Welcome back buddy. I've known you since I joined the forum, but unfortunately we never really got to talk.
I was Lore way back in the days. In fact, I came over here from RMRK so I'm ancient just like Blizzard. :v
Glad to have an old member back with me.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 11, 2014, 01:43:17 am
Quote from: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 07:28:57 pm

Well... about the Ruby thing.... Haha. It's on the list of things to do.

But it's kind of a long list. XD

If only I someone wanted to pay me for doing the weirdly varied list of things that I want to get done, then I would be pretty excited. But, alas, it is not the case.


Hey, you never know what someone's willing to pay for until it happens! But what are some of these weirdly varied things? I'm curious now

@Spiralflux,

OMFG! Lore! I remember you lol. I don't really remember talking to you much, but I do remember your name and seeing you everywhere on the forums. :P So I guess it's good to finally start chatting with ya!
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: WhiteRose on June 11, 2014, 10:55:26 pm
Quote from: legacyblade on June 11, 2014, 01:43:17 am
Hey, you never know what someone's willing to pay for until it happens! But what are some of these weirdly varied things? I'm curious now


Well, honestly, nothing too exciting. Haha. Language study, RGSS scripting, finishing RMXP games, writing... that kind of thing.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Vell on June 12, 2014, 01:35:10 am
I'm not really around, but it's good to see you again, Legacy! :D Oh, I'm Ulta btw.
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: legacyblade on June 14, 2014, 03:31:45 am
@WhiteRose, Working on RMXP games is pretty exciting in my book :P And RGSS is fun! I'd be more excited if I were you xD

@Vell, ULTA! HEY DUDE! Sorry for the late response. Wasn't letting myself use forums until I finished my demo. How you been? Do you still remember Myriad Souls? I've been working on making a visual novel out of the base components of the story. You know what's ironic? I changed Klara's name to Veil XD SO close to your new username (in fact, I misread it as Veil :P)
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Vell on June 16, 2014, 02:18:34 am
Vell is short for either Vellus Terennia or Vellia Terennis!

and yeah I remember Myriad Souls xD Funnily enough, I rehashed the idea and expanded upon it for another rp which has its own forum. It's not really very active so I wouldn't recommend joining, though ~
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Slumpymaster on June 16, 2014, 02:42:10 pm
Legacyblade, we're glad you're not dead. Unless, however, you were already dead and you somehow came back with the magic powers of Legacybladeness. In this case, we're glad that the power of Legacyblade shall never die!
Title: Re: Back from the dead
Post by: Blizzard on June 16, 2014, 04:21:51 pm
Legacyzombie. :o