Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Video Games => Topic started by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 10, 2014, 04:47:05 pm

Title: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 10, 2014, 04:47:05 pm
I came loads, like oh my God.

Zelda U? Hngh, looked amazing on so many levels.
Play as Midna in Hyrule Warriors? Unngh, has been one of my waifus for many years.
New Star Fox? GOD DAMN YES, I AM CUM. I AM CUM. OWOOOOOOGAH. PLEASE DON'T LET IT SUCK.

Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: winkio on June 10, 2014, 05:16:31 pm
Splatoon was probably my favorite.  If somebody described a 3rd person shooter where human-squid hybrids run around and shoot ink at each other, I would have thought they were high on something, but from the trailer it looks really good.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 10, 2014, 05:21:49 pm
Yeah, that seems like it'll be a pretty good game.
God, I was just gonna get a Wii U for the new Zelda (and a few other things), but now there's so much more I wanna get for it.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Blizzard on June 10, 2014, 05:36:43 pm
Yeah, the new Zelda's looking gooooooood. But they really showed very little.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: winkio on June 10, 2014, 05:56:36 pm
They showed a fully androgynous Link.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i.imgur.com/pIK8K0n.jpg)


right?

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i.imgur.com/JJa5gSx.jpg)


right?
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Blizzard on June 10, 2014, 06:04:35 pm
True, it was enough to make me cum.

EDIT: ALSO THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME GOOGLE ANDROGYNOUS.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 10, 2014, 06:10:30 pm
I'm still of the belief that this Link is male.
I mean, unless this Link is a ten year old girl, we should at least be seeing some A or B-cup breasts.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Heretic86 on June 10, 2014, 06:27:53 pm
Shirtless Link?  Now Im just too creeped out to think about it.

Topless Zelda?  Splatters room in Fapple Sauce.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 10, 2014, 06:30:48 pm
I'm getting excited thinking about the different tunic options.

I hope we can get a bad-ass suit of armor like in Twilight Princess.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: WhiteRose on June 10, 2014, 07:19:21 pm
Quote from: Heretic86 on June 10, 2014, 06:27:53 pm
Fapple Sauce


I don't know if I should be laughing. But I am laughing.

I think Nintendo probably will be sticking to a male Link, given that he is more or less a consistent character across games, despite being, technically, a different person in the different games. Of course, because of that, they do have the wiggle room where they could give the option of different genders for Link  (or even simply make this entire iteration of the Link character female) if they so desire. Definitely an interesting theory. I'd be happy with either a male or female Link, though, oddly enough, I actually am opposed to giving the player a choice of his gender, as they would either need to make two separate versions of the main story narrative, or make it loose enough that his/her gender would have minimal impact, leading to a weaker story.

@Blinx and winkio: The picture does leave some ambiguity, though I don't think anything is prominent enough to declare Link female, considering the precedence. (If this were a new character in an unestablished series, however, then I'd definitely have to give it an extra glance. Even B-cup breasts can be hidden pretty well under layered clothing, for example. Not that I would know.)
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Blizzard on June 11, 2014, 01:55:55 am
C-CUP MINIMUM
I DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO ANYTHING LESS
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 11, 2014, 02:33:40 am
/me spits in spittoon


Spoken like a true man, I reckon.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Ranquil on June 11, 2014, 04:20:46 pm
Quote from: winkio on June 10, 2014, 05:56:36 pm
They showed a fully androgynous Link.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i.imgur.com/pIK8K0n.jpg)


right?

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i.imgur.com/JJa5gSx.jpg)


right?

That person is a woman, there's absolutely no way around it. Every time someone tries to make a completely adrogynous character it's always female. Just check Leo from Tekken.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 11, 2014, 05:58:26 pm
So Link is a ten year old girl?

I think this Link is obviously in "her" teens, so there should obviously be some tits.
Also, there have been many times where androgynous characters turned out to be male. I am absolutely confused you'd even say what you did, since it makes no sense at all.

Oh, and we're forgetting: Japanese video game is Japanese.
Japan, home of male video game characters with female-looking faces. The only way you can tell they're male, mostly, is by the lack of knockers.

So, no, this Link is a guy. Sorry.
Nintendo's breaking conventions with this one, but the gender of Link isn't one of them.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Ranquil on June 11, 2014, 06:10:56 pm
She could also be a flat-chested girl. Okay, this is from Japan so obviously she's supposed to have DDD melons, sorry, forgot that.

As I said, check out Leo (http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np2/char1/br/leo-br.jpeg) from Tekken 6. Leo is introduced without any given gender and isn't referred to by any personal pronouns like "he" or "she". Leo's voice is also very ambiguous on whether it's a high male voice or a low female voice. However, the director Katsuhiro Harada stated that Leo is indeed a woman and the fact that she's got a bikini outfit in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 confirms this.
And she looks even less of a woman than this Link! This Link even has wide hips and visible eyelashes for crying out loud!
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pm
Sorry, this new Link is a guy. That's just how it is.

I'm honestly going to doubt Nintendo would make their first female Link flat chested.
I'm not talking about giving Link double-d's, either (if you actually read my other posts, you would know that, but I guess I shouldn't expect that from you now).

Nintendo has a history of giving their older female Zelda characters tits (show me one that doesn't have them. and no, Sheik doesn't count, since she was Zelda, and she obviously wrapped those boobs down heavily... and female Link would have zero reason to do that herself, unless it's illegal to be a woman in Hyrule), and they're not going to stop with the first female Link and go all like "OMG flat chest." So, you know, it just is how it is.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Ranquil on June 11, 2014, 06:53:44 pm
Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pmSorry, this new Link is a guy. That's just how it is.

Sounds convincing.

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pmNintendo has a history of giving their older female Zelda characters tits [...] and they're not going to stop with the first female Link and go all like "OMG flat chest." So, you know, it just is how it is.

Yes, because there are and will never be any exceptions about any aspect in the series.
Especially after that idiot Sarkeesian getting way more attention than she deserves and the backlash at Tomodachi Life.

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pmSo, you know, it just is how it is.

Again, sounds convincing.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 11, 2014, 08:01:21 pm
No need to be a smart-ass about it.

It's my fucking opinion, dude. Why do you have such a problem with it?
I don't need to supply you with an argument, so yeah.

But yeah, if I can't have my own opinion without you saying "sounds convincing" in the most condescending tone ever, you shouldn't be posting in this topic.
It's killing the vibe, man.

But yeah, let me backtrack real quick:
Quote from: Ranquil on June 11, 2014, 04:20:46 pm
That person is a woman, there's absolutely no way around it.


Sounds convincing OHWAIT no it doesn't.
See that? You were doing the same thing as me. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy)
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Blizzard on June 12, 2014, 02:10:11 am
Chill down, guys.

I think it's a guy. Just a feeling. As Blinx said, we can all speculate, but none of us knows. We can give valid arguments on both sides, but there's no point discussing a hypothetical topic this deeply.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 12, 2014, 02:47:28 am
Yeah, you're right.
Sorry about that, bro.

Anyways, as for other reveals:
Dat ass, dem tittays: ShowHide
Not excited for her character in Smash (there's a few others I'd rather see), but holy fuck, that was some hot fanservice-y stuff Nintendo did in her reveal:

(http://puu.sh/9pXg3/680986ae0f.gif)
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 13, 2014, 05:16:41 pm
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/12/is-link-a-girl-in-zelda-on-wii-u.aspx

Confirmed male. I love being correct. :3/me is being playful stfu
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Ranquil on June 14, 2014, 05:34:11 pm
Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 13, 2014, 05:16:41 pm
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/12/is-link-a-girl-in-zelda-on-wii-u.aspx

Confirmed male. I love being correct. :3/me is being playful stfu



Lawl

Well, I can always keep in mind that before KH2 was released Uematsu once stated in an interview that Kairi and Naminé are not related in any way.
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Blizzard on June 16, 2014, 02:08:59 pm
http://www.dorkly.com/post/64281/how-the-new-zelda-game-fits-into-the-timeline
Title: Re: Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on June 16, 2014, 02:38:18 pm
:rofl: