Thank you for taking the time to view my question.
I am trying to dabble in scripting in RGSS3, having used RGSS to a fair extent. However, I can't get basic method calls to work. I have a class, test, and the method, def method_test, but calling $test.method_test doesn't execute the print function in the method. It just throws a nil error referencing the eval(script) line of game_interpreter and crashes the project. I tried calling it in a script rather than an event, and it throws the same error, citing the line of the $test call. Its probably something stupid easy I'm missing, but I've tried everything I can think of and uncle Google hasn't been of much help. Anyone know what the issue is?
Post the code pls.
It should work as normal o.o
That's what I thought... Here's the code:
class Testerino
def create_wep
p "why the *** won't you work?"
end
end
$testerino.create_wep does not work as a call. Obviously got frustrated, cleared the method and put that print while I was troubleshooting, it case it looks off :). I have no idea why that doesn't work, but I change it to a module it works fine with self.create_wep. I can work with that for now, but I really would like to know why that isn't working... Its also the only non-rtp script I have in the project, and the only edit to RTP I've made was adding the call to test it in scene_title, before which it still gave me the error.
Just like to point out that print/p don't work like they do in RGSS3 as they did in RGSS. You have to use msgbox or msgbox_p instead.
You can change that by adding this anywhere in your script collection:
def print(*args)
msgbox(*args)
end
def p(*args)
msgbox_p(*args)
end
Quote from: KK20 on July 12, 2014, 03:11:55 pm
Just like to point out that print/p don't work like they do in RGSS3 as they did in RGSS. You have to use msgbox or msgbox_p instead.
You can change that by adding this anywhere in your script collection:
def print(*args)
msgbox(*args)
end
def p(*args)
msgbox_p(*args)
end
Aside from not popping up a box and just bring the print up in console, is there a big difference in 3? Or does that code just bring the box from 1 back? 'Cause the p command works fine for me, I can see what I wanted printed.
Brings back the MessageBox that print/p would do in RGSS. p doesn't do that for me in RGSS3.