Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: R5GAMER on August 10, 2014, 01:01:55 am

Title: I need to understand for the function /party
Post by: R5GAMER on August 10, 2014, 01:01:55 am
Hello! People! :)

I need to understand for the function '/party'...
I create the system quest in event..
I explain : the player take a quest the function '/party' take all player in the map.
The other player take the quest and use 'y' for accept the quest or not..

Well i need to use '/party' all and '/y' and id.. in event..
Thanks! ! :)

P.S : But if you understood i create monster hunter like.. I use all ressource for monster hunter frontier and if the project is complety 20% i go to present in this forum! The project is for the moment perfectly ^^
Title: Re: I need to understand for the function /party
Post by: R5GAMER on August 13, 2014, 10:06:40 pm
Nobody knows ... Too bad ... Thanks!
Title: Re: I need to understand for the function /party
Post by: KK20 on August 13, 2014, 10:09:51 pm
I have no idea what you are saying. But since this is probably an RMX-OS question, I have no idea.
Title: Re: I need to understand for the function /party
Post by: PhoenixFire on August 13, 2014, 11:07:49 pm
Quote from: R5GAMER on August 13, 2014, 10:06:40 pm
Nobody knows ... Too bad ... Thanks!



You only waited about 2 1/2 or 3 days on this; generally speaking, when a question about a specific system, you may not get an answer all too quickly.

That being said, could you provide a little more detail on the question itself? I understand the scenario pretty well, as in, I know what you're trying to accomplish, and it's a pretty cool idea. What I'm not sure about is what method are you trying to use to detect all of the people that have accepted the quest? It sounds like when a player activates a party capable quest, the server needs to send out a message to all players on the current map, allowing them to answer yes. If they accept it, how are you storing it? My thought would be, if you can find a way to do it, all players who accept it should be put into an array, and you can then use that array to check if a player is part of the quest...?

I would assume a more capable scripter here could help you more than I could in this though.
Title: Re: I need to understand for the function /party
Post by: R5GAMER on August 14, 2014, 01:21:46 pm
Quote from: PhoenixFire on August 13, 2014, 11:07:49 pm
Quote from: R5GAMER on August 13, 2014, 10:06:40 pm
Nobody knows ... Too bad ... Thanks!



You only waited about 2 1/2 or 3 days on this; generally speaking, when a question about a specific system, you may not get an answer all too quickly.

That being said, could you provide a little more detail on the question itself? I understand the scenario pretty well, as in, I know what you're trying to accomplish, and it's a pretty cool idea. What I'm not sure about is what method are you trying to use to detect all of the people that have accepted the quest? It sounds like when a player activates a party capable quest, the server needs to send out a message to all players on the current map, allowing them to answer yes. If they accept it, how are you storing it? My thought would be, if you can find a way to do it, all players who accept it should be put into an array, and you can then use that array to check if a player is part of the quest...?

I would assume a more capable scripter here could help you more than I could in this though.



Sorry, my repeated request,
So I'll explain ..
My first idea was to create a table in my Mysql database with all the quests and another table with the quests posted. When a person takes the quest, the quest id and the id of the player is to create in the second table. However, I find the idea too long so I told myself that with the system '/ party' and management of switches and variables to do so:
Switches are the sets of quests, variables helps to be blocked the number of players, each time a quest is posted on switches [001], for example, active and variable [001] turns being equal 1. each time someone chooses a quest posted as the above example the variable [001] increases by 1, if it is equal to 4 then have blocks access however, this event is too however long I tested and it works perfectly, it also must I create an instance system avoided multiply 100 times the same map more to do in event could take ca switches and variables available. . But if I manage to create the idea in code can be perfect ..
The same time, I'm afraid that one steal the idea of ​​creating this type of game this is why I try to avoid asking too much ... Because I liked that this project is unique lol