Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: ForeverZer0 on August 15, 2014, 11:07:08 pm

Title: RTP Paths in the Registry (RMXP)
Post by: ForeverZer0 on August 15, 2014, 11:07:08 pm
Are the RTP paths stored in the same location in the registry on all machines and versions of Windows?

On my machine, Win7 x64, I installed RMXP in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, and the RTP paths can be found at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Enterbrain\RGSS\RTP


I was just wondering if there was different setups that could cause this to be different, such as whether the machine is 32 or 64 bit, the operating system (XP, Vista, Seven, Eight), and if installing in compatibility mode can change it.

I seem to remember that 32-bit machines are different, but I don't have a VM created at the moment, so I am not sure.
Title: Re: RTP Paths in the Registry (RMXP)
Post by: chaucer on August 16, 2014, 02:27:37 am
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Enterbrain\RGSS\RTP

this is where it's located in my pc (win7 x32) hope it helps : )
Title: Re: RTP Paths in the Registry (RMXP)
Post by: ForeverZer0 on August 16, 2014, 05:46:01 am
Thank you, that does. That's the difference I think between x86 and x64, that I remember now.
Off to make some VM's now...


EDIT:
Appears to be the same in WinXP, so only a difference in between 32 and 64 bit.