Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: Heretic86 on September 18, 2014, 05:16:24 am

Title: Diagonal Stairs Script for XP?
Post by: Heretic86 on September 18, 2014, 05:16:24 am
Do you guys know of any Diagonal Stairs Scripts for XP?  Im messing with one, but feeling rather lazy and dont wanna duke out collision detections...

---

Edit: Nevermind, I wrote one myself.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14928.0.html

Edit 2: Okay, I wrote TWO myself.  Here is the "other" one.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14994.0.html

Difference between the two, Lite and Deluxe, is that in Deluxe, NPCs can move on Stair Events!
Title: Re: Diagonal Stairs Script for XP?
Post by: Zexion on September 18, 2014, 08:16:54 pm
Any particular reason you don't wanna do it with events? Or is it just something you would rather not have 20 events for
Title: Re: Diagonal Stairs Script for XP?
Post by: KK20 on September 19, 2014, 01:44:22 am
Yeah, I'd say just leave it to eventing. It's not terribly hard to pull off:

Trigger = touching
Check if player is pressing left/right key
  Move diagonally based on stairs orientation and key pressed
Title: Re: Diagonal Stairs Script for XP?
Post by: Heretic86 on September 19, 2014, 07:47:17 am
Not difficult with one set of stairs, but can be difficult with multiple sets of stairs on one map.  I havent tried by just eventing.  Also add into the mix getting NPCs to work properly on stairs and an Event solution is no longer quite as easy.  Then making Events on stairs trigger, handling collisions, etc, and Event just cant cut it.

Doesnt really matter since I already wrote the script (out of boredom), but was just curious if there were any other solutions out there that I could check out.  If there arent any, I'll have to release 2 versions of the script.  One standalone and one for the caterpillar due to the way collisions and triggers are handled.