Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: flrodude on January 13, 2015, 03:16:15 pm

Title: RMX-OS LAN question
Post by: flrodude on January 13, 2015, 03:16:15 pm
Hey guys.  So I don't currently have the ability to portforward (being at a University and all) So my question is this:  Is it both possible and easy to make a LAN game with RMX-OS.  I figure I'll make the best of what I can, and might as well provide my friends with a simple game to entertain us.
Title: Re: RMX-OS LAN question
Post by: Soulshaker3 on January 13, 2015, 04:44:13 pm
There should be no problem, if the ip is 127.0.0.1 all in your local area should be able to connect
Title: Re: RMX-OS LAN question
Post by: despair72 on January 15, 2015, 08:18:23 am
i posted  also about RMX-LAN asking if its possible yet the answer is somewhat in contrast to yours

stating that it would take lots of effort and networking also -,- so basically
i dunno who to trust now XD  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty: :<_<:
Title: Re: RMX-OS LAN question
Post by: Zexion on January 15, 2015, 11:49:52 am
Because on the other post you kinda make it sound like you want a new script, or for someone to configure this for you. We really can't, rmxos is already preconfigured for lan playing, you have to setup the MySQL database yourself though. We can't exactly do that for you >.>
I mean, I know how to configure it , but I have no idea how I would send it to you lol.
Title: Re: RMX-OS LAN question
Post by: PhoenixFire on January 15, 2015, 06:34:00 pm
Quote from: Zexion on January 15, 2015, 11:49:52 am
I mean, I know how to configure it , but I have no idea how I would send it to you lol.


This; in reality, it would be easy enough for you to set up and run locally in much the same way you would set it up to run from a server. That being said, there's a rather in-depth help file that walks you through what is needed in order to properly set it up. Maybe if you told us what step it was you were having trouble with, you might get some better, and more specific answers?

I guess my first question would be, have you attempted to set it up by following the instructions provided?
Title: Re: RMX-OS LAN question
Post by: despair72 on January 16, 2015, 05:07:09 pm
@ Zexion
    Yeah...  you're right :)
XD I think the MySQL part is hard

@Phoenix Fire
   Hmmmm. Lemme see ...
I followed the " Setting up the Rmx-os TuT [don't reply]"


I finished using mysql 5.1 as he said
Ending having command client something....

I have EMS mySQL lite
Which states the SQL server is somewhat
Unavailable :/


That's about it xD