Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: scuall on January 21, 2015, 02:42:48 pm

Title: Use GBA MAP
Post by: scuall on January 21, 2015, 02:42:48 pm
Good morning, there is the possibility of using maps gba. I want to spend gba maps to rxproject.

I just wanna know if possible.
Title: Re: Use GBA MAP
Post by: ForeverZer0 on January 21, 2015, 10:02:39 pm
Don't even know what you are talking about.
Title: Re: Use GBA MAP
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on January 21, 2015, 11:22:01 pm
I think he's asking if you can take maps from GBA games and import them into an RMXP project.

And that's a big fat no.
Title: Re: Use GBA MAP
Post by: Vexus on January 22, 2015, 05:06:05 am
You can do 2 things.

1 - Rip the maps and create them yourself by watching the gba game while mapping.
2 - Find someone else that ripped the maps into a tileset and use them.
Title: Re: Use GBA MAP
Post by: MetalZelda on January 25, 2015, 09:13:56 am
Quote from: Sgt. Tuggernuts on January 21, 2015, 11:22:01 pm
I think he's asking if you can take maps from GBA games and import them into an RMXP project.

And that's a big fat no.


If he rips all tiles then it is possible to remade it ^^
It is possible to remake a GBA game map, but not in the way he wanted :haha:
Title: Re: Use GBA MAP
Post by: G_G on January 25, 2015, 11:47:58 am
It's possible, I just doubt no one has the want or time to actually make it. It's just a matter of looking up ROM info and figure out where the maps are actually stored. If it wasn't possible at all, you wouldn't have tools that edit maps in Pokemon. And I know Dargor, the guy who's working on the FFVI SDK, made a map importer for the SNES ROM of the game. But it's a lot of work, time, and trial and error so best of luck. My honest suggestion is to go to http://spriters-resource.com/ and see if you can't find tilesets there for your game.