Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: KockaAdmiralac on February 24, 2015, 10:20:02 am

Title: RPG Maker VX Ace Portable?
Post by: KockaAdmiralac on February 24, 2015, 10:20:02 am
Hello,
This is my first forum post, so if I posted in the wrong place, sorry.

The thing is, I would like to have RPG Maker VX Ace on a computer where I can't regulary install it, because I don't have administrator privileges.

So, is there any way of running RPGMVXA without having the RTP path in registry, then in some text file or something?

I basically want RPGMVXA to read his RTP path from a text file, so I don't need to specify RTP path in the registry, because I can't access the registry due to lack of administrator privileges.

If there is no other way, are there any assembler programmers to edit the .exe code itself?

Thanks.
Title: Re: RPG Maker VX Ace Portable?
Post by: KockaAdmiralac on March 29, 2015, 07:54:23 pm
50 "seens" and 0 answers? Really?

Am I that doomed to inportability?

I'll try posting it to other forums.

Bye!
Title: Re: RPG Maker VX Ace Portable?
Post by: ForeverZer0 on March 30, 2015, 12:14:52 am
There are many programs out there that do exactly this. Spoon Studio and VMware Thinstall come to mine, as well as using the PortableApps platform to build it yourself, but you would need to get a little familiar with how that platform works to create your own.