Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: R5GAMER on March 04, 2015, 05:13:34 am

Title: [Solved] RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 04, 2015, 05:13:34 am
Hello!

I have problem! I do not understand why the automatic save system does not work .. It does not save the last position which was made .. Can you help me?
And I would take the opportunity to ask if it is possible that save in a precise position in a map ...?

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://gohproject.free.fr/Sans titre.png)


Thanks!
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: chaucer on March 04, 2015, 05:26:09 am
do you get some error, or is it just not saving. Is it not saving just something specific, or everything about the player? and is there a message in your ruby prompt box?
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 04, 2015, 06:05:52 am
Is it just not saving, and is everything about the player and, i don't have a message in my ruby prompt box...
I made different test on a new RMX-OS project and what could that when I install a new map it does not save ...
But it saves when the player change map ... I do not understand anything ... -- '
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: chaucer on March 04, 2015, 08:32:29 pm
try running a query in your SQL management software. run the file named RMX-OS SQL Database.sql the files located in Server/Data folder of RMX-OS folder(this will delete all data, just a warning but it MIGHT work. Don't know if you have any important save data or not.). Also in RMX-OS Options try searching for
AUTOSAVE_FREQUENCY = 

you could try changing it to a lower number.
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 04, 2015, 10:04:43 pm
Quote from: chaucer on March 04, 2015, 08:32:29 pm
try running a query in your SQL management software. run the file named RMX-OS SQL Database.sql the files located in Server/Data folder of RMX-OS folder(this will delete all data, just a warning but it MIGHT work. Don't know if you have any important save data or not.). Also in RMX-OS Options try searching for
AUTOSAVE_FREQUENCY = 

you could try changing it to a lower number.


I tested and i doesn't save ...
I change AUTOSAVE_FREQUENCY = 30 to 10 and -1 (lol)
And i doesn't save ....

But is very strange.... when don't touch maps defaults by RMX-OS the save is works fine and when we create a new map... it does not save ...

Update :: *I understand where is the problem ... When I create in the database a new tileset for example: "52"
The save does not work ... And when I use the 51 given by default for RMX-OS the saves work ...*
Update²:: *I tested on my project and it doesn't not change...*
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 06, 2015, 07:48:38 am
Nobody..?
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: chaucer on March 06, 2015, 08:58:51 pm
This problem doesn't happen to me, i tried setting up a new client and everything works normally, not sure what's affecting your game so I can't really help. Sorry.
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 07, 2015, 03:06:58 pm
I think my problem is related to my tileset .. I used every tileset and more Pandora posted in the forum and save running, But! when I use mine tileset the save does not work .. the size of my tileset is (256x29074) ... I know it's enormous ...

But, if this problem is not resolved, I fear having to stop my project MORPG mode and put in offline mode .. :/
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 08, 2015, 03:32:21 am
Nobody have solution ...?
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: KK20 on March 08, 2015, 01:37:59 pm
Don't use the tileset or break it up into smaller ones. Never exactly heard of RMX-OS failing from graphic sizes before.
Also, that tileset is not divisible by 32 (29074 / 32 = 908.5625). Make its height 29088 and see if that does anything.
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 08, 2015, 02:14:17 pm
I change 29074 to 29088 and the save doesn't not work ..
More information: I use 4 event [Parallel Process]->(run non stop) and 1 [Parallel Process] for intro -> (desactivate if the end of intro)

*Update* :: I found the problem!
When i use a map (40x40) the save is done and when i use a higher size (40x40) the save does not work!
my main map use (103x71) and I thought it was related to it is not divisible by 32, but it does not save any of although it was higher (40x40) ..
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: KK20 on March 09, 2015, 11:43:37 am
That still doesn't make any sense. Map sizes should not influence the process of saving. Are you sure you're not just deleting something that was interfering with saving?
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 09, 2015, 11:53:03 am
I tested my map on a new project with RMX-OS and it does not change ...
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: KK20 on March 09, 2015, 12:13:25 pm
I've said before that I don't work with RMX-OS, so I'm not entirely sure of specific things that can be done.
With that said, you could throw this in your project (anywhere below RMX-OS)

module RMXOS
  class Network
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Saves the game. Only data from selected classes will be saved.
    #  classes - an array of classes which should be saved.
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    alias check_if_saving save
    def save
      check_if_saving
      p "Your game saved" rescue nil
      msgbox_p "Your game saved" rescue nil
    end
  end
end

And it should pop-up a message stating that your game data was sent to the server to be ultimately saved in the database.

If the message pops up but the data wasn't saved, clearly your database or save containers are not set up properly. If it doesn't pop up, you have events running in the background or your game is "corrupted".
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 09, 2015, 12:31:21 pm
Quote from: KK20 on March 09, 2015, 12:13:25 pm
I've said before that I don't work with RMX-OS, so I'm not entirely sure of specific things that can be done.
With that said, you could throw this in your project (anywhere below RMX-OS)

module RMXOS
 class Network
   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
   # Saves the game. Only data from selected classes will be saved.
   #  classes - an array of classes which should be saved.
   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
   alias check_if_saving save
   def save
     check_if_saving
     p "Your game saved" rescue nil
     msgbox_p "Your game saved" rescue nil
   end
 end
end

And it should pop-up a message stating that your game data was sent to the server to be ultimately saved in the database.

If the message pops up but the data wasn't saved, clearly your database or save containers are not set up properly. If it doesn't pop up, you have events running in the background or your game is "corrupted".


Ok, I tested it and it appears that the save was sent to the server in the database, even when have events running in the background
but it does not change ...

*Update* :: The save appears in the database! But it doesn't work ..

In my RMX-OS::

Spoiler: ShowHide

   #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   # System
   #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   USERPASS_MIN_LENGTH = 3
   USERPASS_MAX_LENGTH = 16
   CHATINPUT_WIDTH = 300
   CHATBOX_WIDTH = 350
   CHATBOX_LINES = 10
   CHATINPUT_MAX_LENGTH = 40
   PM_MAX_LENGTH = 100
   GUILDNAME_MAX_LENGTH = 32
   CHAT_BUBBLES = false
   REMEMBER_LOGIN = true
   DISABLED_CHAT_COMMANDS = []
   AUTOSAVE_FREQUENCY = 10
   GUILD_NAME_SPRITES = true
   LEGACY_SAVE_METHOD = false
   #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   # Exchange Data
   #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   EXCHANGE_VARIABLES = ['@character_name', '@x', '@y', '@direction',
       '@move_speed', '@walk_anime', '@step_anime', '@real_x', '@real_y',
       '@pattern']
   #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   # Save Data
   # - see the documentation to learn how to set up which data is being saved
   #   by RMX-OS.
   #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   # save container variable definitions
   SAVE_CONTAINERS = [
       '$game_system',
       '$game_switches',
       '$game_variables',
       '$game_self_switches',
       '$game_party',
       '$game_actors',
       '$game_map',
       '$game_player',
       'Graphics.frame_count'
   ]
   # general save data setup
   SAVE_DATA['Graphics.frame_count'] = []
   SAVE_DATA[Game_System] = ['@timer', '@timer_working', '@menu_disabled']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Switches] = ['@data']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Variables] = ['@data']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_SelfSwitches] = ['@data']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Party] = ['@gold', '@steps', '@actors', '@items',
       '@weapons', '@armors']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Actors] = ['@data']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Map] = ['@map_id']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Player] = ['@x', '@y', '@real_x', '@real_y',
       '@character_name', '@encounter_count']
   SAVE_DATA[Game_Actor] = ['@actor_id', '@name', '@character_name',
       '@character_hue', '@class_id', '@weapon_id', '@armor1_id',
       '@armor2_id', '@armor3_id', '@armor4_id', '@level', '@exp', '@skills',
       '@hp', '@sp', '@states', '@maxhp_plus', '@maxsp_plus', '@str_plus',
       '@dex_plus', '@agi_plus', '@int_plus']
   # for all classes that must have default arguments specified
   CREATION_DATA[Game_Actor] = '1'
 end
end


And my Database for server:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://gohproject.free.fr/Untitled.png)
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: KK20 on March 09, 2015, 01:33:10 pm
Just a crazy thought, have you set LEGACY_SAVE_METHOD to true?
Title: Re: RMX-OS Problem Save
Post by: R5GAMER on March 09, 2015, 03:15:08 pm
Quote from: KK20 on March 09, 2015, 01:33:10 pm
Just a crazy thought, have you set LEGACY_SAVE_METHOD to true?


Is work!