Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Hearteyes on April 03, 2015, 06:23:50 pm

Title: Variable Display Script
Post by: Hearteyes on April 03, 2015, 06:23:50 pm
I'm back :P Anyhow, I'd like to have a script that displays the number of a variable, and can be turned off or on. I'm making an enemy's health based on variables, and I want the player to be able to see how much health the enemy has left.
Title: Re: Variable Display Script
Post by: KK20 on April 03, 2015, 09:53:37 pm
It's one thing to be able to just spawn a window with text in it versus having a pop-up effect that's customized with graphics and flashy animation. There's also different methods of handling this based on what scene the game is taking place at.

You need to explain how you're using this and show what it'd potentially look like.
Title: Re: Variable Display Script
Post by: Hearteyes on April 04, 2015, 09:50:57 pm
Right! Well, nothing flashy or anything, just like have a window that displays [variable number/Amount you started with] Like, say the boss has 500 health, it'd look like [500/500] in the window, then you attack him once, and it becomes [499/500] and so on. Pretty simple.

So to elaborate, I made a working fighting system with events, for boss battles I wanted the enemy's health or variable to display just so the player can know when they're close to winning. I hope that explains a little more in depth. :3  :^_^':