Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Kise on April 20, 2015, 02:35:19 pm

Title: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: Kise on April 20, 2015, 02:35:19 pm
I need help with this script
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,4813.0.html

I'm using latest versions of the scripts (DEE and Dynamic Sounds), and it doesn't work. I mean, even after copying campfire event from demo I get this error:
http://ifotos.pl/z/wwphrqh/

This is my comment: \dee[bgs|point|013-Fire01|300]. When I delete the campfire event, game runs fine.


Fixed by myself, I just deleted the line that causes the crash and game works perfectly fine :o
Title: Re: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: Ryex on April 20, 2015, 05:14:37 pm
um, you probably just entirely disabled the system then. what line was causing the problem? what error was it giving?
Title: Re: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: KK20 on April 20, 2015, 08:51:28 pm
The error is most likely pointing to a line that goes
$game_map.id

which is actually invalid syntax. The correct method name is map_id. Of course you can just do

class Game_Map
  def id
    return @map_id
  end
end
Title: Re: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: Heretic86 on April 21, 2015, 04:42:34 am
I had that error too, but just changed the line to $game_map.map_id instead of $game_map.id
Title: Re: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: Kise on April 21, 2015, 01:53:49 pm
Ryex, it worked somehow without line 679 :)

Thanks Heretic86, now it works :)
Title: Re: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: Ryex on April 22, 2015, 04:02:12 pm
gods, I just took a look at this old code. I's almost hard to believe that I wrote code this ugly.
Title: Re: Ryex's Dynamic Sounds is incompatible RMXP Ace SOLVED
Post by: Blizzard on April 22, 2015, 04:18:38 pm
But it's your baaaaaaaby! Sure, it might be ugly as fuck, but it's still yours.

... Somebody said something like that to me once and after that I put all my retarded babies together and created the glorious Tons of Add-ons.