Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: syldocaine on April 26, 2015, 06:50:01 pm

Title: Flying Script
Post by: syldocaine on April 26, 2015, 06:50:01 pm
Hi guys

I'm just looking for a script like this http://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-superman-ability/ for RM XP

If anyone knows a good one or can make this XP compatible pls let me know.
Title: Re: Flying Script
Post by: KK20 on April 27, 2015, 12:07:51 am
I'm not sure if the Vehicle script Heretic is working on will support this. It basically is like a airship. Heck, you probably could even event it.
Title: Re: Flying Script
Post by: syldocaine on April 27, 2015, 10:04:16 am
I already evented it but I would say it's only 90% perfect.

There is only 1 problem left. I'm not sure how to check if the character is above a passable tile or not. So atm you can land on mountains or water (or even lava lol) which shouldn't be allowed.
I could fill all impassable tiles with events which would block the landing process but since I have some really big flightmaps the event limit of 999 will mess up.

Any ideas would be cool.
Title: Re: Flying Script
Post by: Heretic86 on April 30, 2015, 06:44:59 pm
Vehicles (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14998.0.html) will do this, exactly the way you want!

The solution you'll end up using is a set of effects used for Magic Carpet.  The Magic Carpet allows a character to be "offset" so their sprites are higher or lower than default, which you have precise control over, and it has a "shadow" so players can determine their location on the Map so they understand collisions.  You dont need the Magic Carpet graphic, and can just swap out the character graphic (or rotate them with other scripts I wrote) for one where your character is flying around.  The "offsets" and "shadows" will help to make your flying character appear as if they are well above all other characters, and can fly through trees and what not.

I released Vehicles yesterday, and never thought of something like this, but realize it will suit your needs.
Title: Re: Flying Script
Post by: syldocaine on May 10, 2015, 12:03:55 pm
Sorry for the late answer.
Im very busy atm

That script looks sweet
I will give it a try soon.

Thx