Hello again friends.
I was wondering if its possible to delay the damage popup number after the animation, because some of my spells the damage popups in the middle or even before the animation is finished. I want some help or advice to how fix this problem. Thanks again.
Assuming you are using the default battle system
class Scene_Battle
def update_phase4_step4
# Animation for target
for target in @target_battlers
target.animation_id = @animation2_id
target.animation_hit = (target.damage != "Miss")
end
# Animation has at least 8 frames, regardless of its length
@wait_count = @animation2_id == 0 ? 8 : $data_animations[@animation2_id].frame_max - 8 #<=== Can change the -8 to something else if you'd like
# Shift to step 5
@phase4_step = 5
end
end
which I believe you are not.
Indeed I'm, and of course it didn't worked. But I have found this line here:
def step4_part2(battler)
if battler.hit_animation
wait_base = battler.animation_2 == 0 ? 8 : [$data_animations[battler.animation_2].frame_max, -8].max
else
wait_base = battle_speed
end
set_action_anim(battler, wait_base)
set_hurt_anim(battler, wait_base)
set_damage_pop(battler)
@status_window.refresh if status_need_refresh
return unless all_throw_end(battler) and anim_delay_end(battler) and pose_delay_end(battler)
wait_time = check_wait_time(wait_base, battler, "TIMEAFTERANIM/")
battler.wait_time = battler.skip? ? 0 : wait_time.to_i
reset_animations(battler)
battler.hit_animation = check_include(battler_action(battler), "HITSANIMATION")
battler.pose_animation = false
battler.animation_2 = 0
battler.current_phase = "Phase 4-3"
end
I've found a solution here, its seems my battle system had its own customization line which allows user to define damage popup delay of any desire skill.
Thanks for the help anway!