Hello O/ Well I will try to be quick.
These days i've been inspired to create a Pokemon Online to play with some friends and i decided to search for pokemon essentials online kits and i found Multiplatform RMX-OS System.
I downloaded it and i found it was way more different to use then the usual Netplay Servers to RPG Maker. Luckly (?) i found the Tutorials area on the website (http://pokemmokit.altervista.org/blog/) and i followed everything like how it was said there. I created the databases and everything. I edited the server and i placed all the informations like how it was shown and it actually managed to start the server. (it shows a message saying the server was succesfully started at [my lan ip]:[standard port]) but when i tried to open the game and enter the server it said it was online. I changed the script "(RMX-OS) Options" IP to my global ip and eveything and nothing happened. I tried to change that ip for the lan one and eveything but it was always offline.
I came here for help since i sawed this forum on the support section of the information script (the MRMX -Credits/License- one).
I'm currently using the 3.2.2 version (the most updated version of the website.) and Rpg Maker Xp (of course since it is a rpg maker xp kit).
Any other information feel free to ask i will try to provide the maximum of information as i can and prints too if you need.
Thank you for your time.
Here's the topic of the kit itself: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13542.0.html
Check that out first and see if there's anything mentioned there that might help.
Did you allow port-forwarding on the port you're using?
You tried localhost and still couldn't connect?
Well i did the port forwarding with both ports (the one with 5 digits and the one with 4) but i didn't tried the localhost because that will not allow my friends to log in
I only asked if you tried localhost to see if a connection can even be established with your computer. I mean, if you can't get localhost to work, obviously you're not going to be able to get your public IP to work. You made no mention of this in your first post so I had to ask.
i tried but the exact same thing happened :C
(http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/08/17/55d1ab2b60a24.png)
Check if your firewall is preventing access. It might be causing trouble even from localhost.
I'm sorry for my ignorance but how exactly do i do that? :T
(http://puu.sh/jEVsM/cd6489ce2f.png)
Sorry for the delayed answer but i was going to change my internet service so i decided to wait untill that so i could see if that was the problem :facepalm:
MySQL has all the access(both home and public) and it still "shows" the same error (still offline)
SQL has nothing to do with it. You already showed in a screenshot that the server is running, meaning it connected to the SQL database.
It's the server itself that needs to bypass the firewall. That's the application that is sending and receiving messages over the internet. While the server is listening for a connection, the firewall is still preventing any messages sent (like checking if the server is online) from your computer or others to be received by the server.
And how can i fix it? :c
Have you ever tried disabling your firewall completely just to see if that really is the cause?
Sorry for the late responce but i haven't noticed there was an answer (i pressed "Show new replies to your posts." and there was nothing) :S but yes i tried that too and nothing
For the sake of the script (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13542), can you re-upload the files? The download links are missing.
There's the link. Sorry for the delay. I've been trying to make some connection tests and making the maps in a offline version of Pokemon Essentials.
https://mega.nz/#!b5wwlTQT
(http://puu.sh/mqRIi/7fe74e7911.png)
Quote from: KK20 on January 10, 2016, 03:00:48 pm
(http://puu.sh/mqRIi/7fe74e7911.png)
Not sure if this is it :s
!XxbzVFPaER7nba3OkvFHKO72qnJEXDhhIzAW_XjL8Yc
Try it :s
Yeah that worked. I'll update the script thread when I get the chance.
Thanks!