So I have been trying to get this skill tree script to work with the other scripts and I keep getting errors and I have moved it around and even been removing other scripts trying to get it to work and I have had no luck at all with it, so I am asking if anyone can help me out and see if they can get it to work. And before you ask, yes I have followed the instructions from the script and demo for the skill tree script and the errors still occur.
skill tree script can be found here:
http://save-point.org/thread-5190.html
and here is a demo of my project with scripts I am using etc.(sorry for the file size to lazy and at work when I posted this to try and go through to clean it up some :^_^': :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6noiick16xb1i4b/Don%27s_Project.7z
It doesn't help that you have scripts that kinda modify the same things. For example, you're using the RO Job/Skill System which would probably conflict. The Window_Skill#refresh method inside the Tree script is not aliased so that needs to be placed higher up on the script list. There's also a conflict in variable/method names like skill_level which is treated as an array variable in the Tree script and as a method in the RO script.
I tried the skilltree script after I removed RO Job/Skill, and still got errors.
What error? Did you configure it properly? Did you copy the Skilltree graphics folder over to your project?
I can't work with no information.
I copied everything over and and all that, but I wouldn't worry to much on trying to get it to work KK20.
This was a mere curiosity on my part, the skill tree script is neat and all, but I am trying to figure out what method to go with for skill learning in my project, just experimenting with options you know.
...then why ask for help in the first place...?
Anyways, I was able to get it to work by removing the RO Job/Skill (and you do know you can put scripts beneath Main to effectively remove them from the project OR put __END__ at the top of the script). Here's your demo but without the unnecessary files (i.e. audio and most of graphics): Clicky (http://puu.sh/jVyei/d41f03c32e.zip)
Of course, you would need to disable the hand cursor since it doesn't seem to like the skill tree window all that much; it doesn't look good at all.
I actually did not know out placing the scripts under main to remove them that way.
and thank you KK20, your one of the good ones.
And may I give you a friendly hug? ;)