Chaos Project

Community => Welcome! => Topic started by: opkij on September 19, 2015, 07:54:14 pm

Title: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: opkij on September 19, 2015, 07:54:14 pm
Hello!

A simple fan and collector of RPGs here, I have been in love with old RPGs for years and these days I mainly show my love
by collecting them (I have almost every SFC RPG) but of course I play as much as possible too.

I have been working on a secret project in RPGmaker 2003 since... 2006 (!), a project that of course is far too big, have a lot of stolen resources and well, nothing the world will
ever get to see sadly... But besides that I recently bought RPGmaker XP in hopes of making a small project with 100% legal resources made by myself. It has been really fun so far but
sadly I hit a dead end when the game started to slow down/lag a lot... after some experimenting I realised it was because of the number of sprites on the map and I finally ended
up here and found a script that seems to work fine!

So, I instantly decided to join and see what all of you are working on!

Thanks!
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: ForeverZer0 on September 19, 2015, 09:21:52 pm
:welcome:

Check out the script database (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?action=database), I am sure you can find lots of useful scripts for your project.
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: winkio on September 19, 2015, 09:37:08 pm
Welcome!  Most people here are XP veterans, so if you ever run into another big problem, someone should be able to help.
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: Ryex on September 20, 2015, 01:42:17 am
Welcome to Chaos!... hmm the canned greeting is starting to feel  old hat...

Anyway, Welcome to Chaos Project, if you need help with something make a post about it and I'm sure someone around here will have answers for you.
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: opkij on September 20, 2015, 07:37:05 pm
Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I have taken a quick look at the script database and it seems like there is some intresting ones, the ones about changing resolution
and tile size especially.

Again I am very glad to have found the solution to my problems and it's great to finally be able to keep working on the project!
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: KK20 on September 20, 2015, 11:39:11 pm
sup bro

Glad to have another user fill in the ranks (and seeing the script database still doing work!). I'm still a pretty active scripter in RMXP so I'll most likely be the one answering those questions for you. Looking forward to that future project thread :)
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: Spoofus on September 21, 2015, 03:24:22 pm
Welcome to the place to be.
I been working with RMXP for a long time now myself, but sadly still a scripting moron.  :^_^':
I just like to tinker with scripts mostly, I am however getting better at doing sprites at least.

Any-who welcome and I hope you do enjoy it here.
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: opkij on September 21, 2015, 03:56:57 pm
Hi and hello!

I will make sure to put up a thread with info about the project soon, it's not a big one but I hope you will like it anyway!

Scripting moron sounds like a description of me as well, haha.
Title: Re: Another RPG fan joins!
Post by: PhoenixFire on October 04, 2015, 02:01:56 pm
A little late like always, but welcome to the party! I'm sure you've had some time to look around and get familiar with the forums :) If you have any questions, there's plenty of people here who can help.