Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: opkij on September 21, 2015, 10:45:22 am

Title: More than 1000 events?
Post by: opkij on September 21, 2015, 10:45:22 am
This should be a common problem but I couldn't find a solution...

So, is there any way to have more than 1000 events in one map?
Title: Re: More than 1000 events?
Post by: Zexion on September 21, 2015, 01:33:34 pm
Do not plz D:
Title: Re: More than 1000 events?
Post by: KK20 on September 21, 2015, 01:54:33 pm
Agreed. The question that should really be addressed is why in the world do you even need more than 1000 events?

I guess it is possible to put more than 1000 on a map, but it would require some tricky scripting. Probably something like making a dummy map filled with the extra events already setup and then using appropriate calls when loading maps to "transfer" events from the dummy map to the real map in-game.
Title: Re: More than 1000 events?
Post by: opkij on September 21, 2015, 02:34:22 pm
Haha, I see that this is a big problem then, I am still a bit surprised that not more people have this problem.

In the 2003 version I use a lot of events as a third layer etc and pass 1000 events often, hehe.

This time the main problem is that this is a small project and I really wanted everything to be on the same map, I guess I will have to split it
into two after all... it just seemed so convenient. Also I really like to have alot of small animals, drop effects when rain hit the ground etc. Another wasteful thing is
that I use events to block of the movement of NPCs.

Thanks for the help!
Title: Re: More than 1000 events?
Post by: KK20 on September 21, 2015, 03:02:41 pm
If it's not that big of a project, you should consider using Continuous Maps (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=5161.0). At a glance, it looks like you can use more than 1000 events on "one map".

Could also look at Restrict Tile Movement (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14992.0.html) for situations where you don't need to put a bunch of blank events.
Title: Re: More than 1000 events?
Post by: opkij on September 21, 2015, 03:32:10 pm
Thanks again, it really seems like I am in the right place to get help!

Both of those solutions sounds intresting but maybe a bit complicated, I should have thought about all of this beföre
making the entire map maybe... oh well, this is why I started with a small project, to learn from it!
Title: Re: More than 1000 events?
Post by: ForeverZer0 on September 21, 2015, 06:36:30 pm
Honestly, you are far more ahead to change your mapping style. Done correctly, there is little situations where you would require events at all, let alone that many. Every event creates a sprite, which needs updated. Having that many can seriously lag your game.