Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Spoofus on October 05, 2015, 08:34:22 pm

Title: [Resolved] RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: Spoofus on October 05, 2015, 08:34:22 pm
I was curious if it is possible to add skill types tabs to the
skill learning section of the RO job/skill script.I was thinking of it working similar to how
gameus' skill categories script works, with having a dummy skill type to sort the skills into the
skill categories they are set for. And you select a skill type from the tabs and then you can
choose what skills to learn in that category etc.(reason I am asking for this is because my project
has no class system, to learn the skills that way.)

example to show the tabs i was thinking of:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i.imgur.com/0JxunOM.png)



If it is not possible, I would like to formally request a script of similiar function as the skill
learning part of the Ro job/skill script with the whole upgrading the skills and with the skill type tabs.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs.
Post by: KK20 on October 05, 2015, 10:54:38 pm
Depends on how many categories/tabs there are. Fitting more than 5 skill categories in a 640 window would be difficult.
Because that image is going beyond the 480 height resolution, you would need to cut the heights on the other windows for that tab window to fit. Also making a horizontal command window is another script in itself.

I'd be willing to do it, but it's just not feasible in its current state. You'll have to come up with a different design.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs.
Post by: Spoofus on October 06, 2015, 03:10:49 pm
I am only wanting no more than 4 categories like:
Physical, attack magic, support magic, and passives skills

the image was to give a general idea of the look ya know, If you can do it I will be more than happy to let you do your thing to make it work. And I will find some way to compensate for the help, since whenever I do put up a request or something, you seem to one of few people who actually help me out and it would be the least I could do.

As I said before you are one of the good ones.

Also let me know if you need me to put up a demo, or my script.rxdata if you need it.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs.
Post by: ForeverZer0 on October 06, 2015, 04:17:57 pm
I honestly don't see a problem with the design. There are enough horizontal scroll scripts out there you could "borrow" from. Or just use icons.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs.
Post by: KK20 on October 06, 2015, 04:29:07 pm
It's the fact that he wants it to look like tabs, not just one window with choices it. The idea of a tab "scrolling" seems weird to me. I would rather have them all visible at the same time.

But the request is only 4 categories, so that should easily fit. I'll see if I can get something running by tomorrow.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs.
Post by: Spoofus on October 06, 2015, 04:44:50 pm
Well it doesn't necessarily have to be  "tabs" can be one window with choices if it would be easier to do (really did not think about that at all for some reason, I really think my mind may be going at my old age)   I am just wanting something that separates the skills by types so it ain't so cluttered.

Still I will leave it to you on how to get it to work, and pm me on how I can compensate you for this.   :naughty:
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: ForeverZer0 on October 06, 2015, 07:11:58 pm
It should not be difficult to make it dynamic for a variable number of categories. I would not do tabs, just windows with choices in them, probably 4 visible at a time that could be scrolled through. If it was dynamic like that, it would be favorable so that other could use it as well, but adjust it to their needs.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: Spoofus on October 06, 2015, 07:59:21 pm
Yeah that would work better, my thought process just refused to think of doing it that way.

And that is why I posted the request here, I trust the judgement of the veteran script masters of CP then the other sites.

On a side note if this does end up being accomplished it is possibly the last major script related thing I may need done.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: KK20 on October 07, 2015, 07:51:59 pm
Would you mind if I placed the skill categories on top of the Help/Description window? If I try to place the categories in between like your screenshot, I'm forced to reduce the heights of the "can learn" and "can improve" window lists, forcing it to only draw 4 instead of 6 skills at a time.

I seriously hate how RM's default windows work.
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: Spoofus on October 07, 2015, 08:01:47 pm
Yeah that is fine with me, do what you must to get it to work. I am trusting your judgement on it. :)
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: KK20 on October 07, 2015, 11:00:41 pm
GIF of what I was able to do.
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i.imgur.com/7q3gvOs.gif)
Title: Re: RO Skill type tabs or window skill type choice.
Post by: Spoofus on October 08, 2015, 10:31:39 pm
I am very pleased with that result I will set it to resolve, since KK20 swooped in for the support.

Thank you oh Wise One.