Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: MarkHest on November 21, 2015, 05:56:05 am

Title: Check if ME stops playing
Post by: MarkHest on November 21, 2015, 05:56:05 am
Heya! I'm further looking for script to further make The Missing Part better and better. Working on it as we speak!(Erm.. as I'm writing this, anyway!)
I'm wondering if it's possible to make a check of some sort to see if an ME or SE has stopped playing. Some of my music has intro parts that I'm using as SE/ME sounds. I'm currently adding a 'wait' command to line up these intros with the song itself but it's often very off-beat because of the different speeds that the game can run at.

So is there an easy way to somehow add a script with a call that says: "Play this ME, then play this GBM or BGS instantly afterwards" ?
I'm curious to see the results! If there is no easy way I'm just gona go ahead and use the 'wait' command as I always have and try my best to put it in a place where it can't lag off beat. This would just make the game a appear little bit more proffesional. Thanks for your time :)
Title: Re: Check if ME stops playing
Post by: G_G on November 21, 2015, 11:31:23 am
I think the wait command is your best bet without an additional audio library since XP's core audio library doesn't provide any functions like that. You could look into this and see if it provides any script calls that would help you out.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11778.0.html
Title: Re: Check if ME stops playing
Post by: MarkHest on November 21, 2015, 12:49:18 pm
Ah yes, I was thinking of using that one time but then I found out it changed some things with the audio I didn't like and found minior bugs. I guess I'll keep using wait commands. Thanks for the help anyway :)
Title: Re: Check if ME stops playing
Post by: KK20 on November 21, 2015, 01:35:00 pm
Don't forget that the player can change focus and freeze the game, which can make everything go off-sync in the end, especially if using the "wait" alternative. I used FMod and never had any problems with it, though I probably made edits to it. I was able to make it loop MP3's which means it has to keep track of the song's current position obviously.

You should also consider using a script that does not disable the game's focus, like http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14347.0.html