Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Nath on September 07, 2016, 05:05:40 am

Title: [RESOLVED(bc nvm)] [XP] Removing features from Scrolling Message System
Post by: Nath on September 07, 2016, 05:05:40 am
This seems like a topic that is halfway between troubleshooting and a script request, so I wasn't sure where to put it, but here we are. :uhm:

I like this Scrolling Message System Ex (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13151.0.html) script, but not because of it's core functionality. I'd really like to grab these features, which I haven't seen anywhere else:

...especially Name Box and Font Change, but I don't really have any interest in the rest.
(The Scrolling and Letter by Letter features are the most offensive. The other \whatever codes can just be ignored if I don't want to use them.)

I thought to try pulling out the good stuff, myself, but it's a bit more complex than I'm able to handle, at the moment. :^_^':
Title: Re: [XP] Removing features from Scrolling Message System
Post by: KK20 on September 08, 2016, 02:33:55 pm
There are plenty of other message systems out there. A well-known one is Ccoa's UMS: http://save-point.org/thread-2394.html
I think most of the features are configurable, meaning you can enable/disable things like letter by letter.
Title: Re: [XP] Removing features from Scrolling Message System
Post by: Nath on September 09, 2016, 04:21:41 am
Oh yeah, heh... I suppose there's a whole internet out there...  :^_^':