I hope this is in the right section, anyway I made a map but when I walk on the roof of the buildings this happens on the edge:
(http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/evil_devil_try/stillfailmap.jpg)
The buildings are on the second layer and the stairs (if it matters) are on the third layer, anyone know why this is happening?
Blizzard's probably kill me if I keep this image un-spoilered. ._. Sorry. ~Love, Starrodkirby86
It seems to me that the top layer there is supposed to have more priority than the player, therefore it goes over him. This is because the tile is meant to have the player above the square and rather not on it. I'll go try out something and see if it works, using the Port Town tileset.
(http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/584/eldmagede1.jpg)
That is the intended use. If you don't mind not having players able to go behind a building like this (Such as the early Pokemon games), remove the priority on those tiles and make make it inaccessable left, right, and up, or something like that. The other solution is to make the whole tile inaccessible.
There is a way events can bypass this stupid rule though, as demonstrated.
(http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/672/eventeldxs9.jpg)
If you can find a way to get a hero to do this, then you found your solution.
Well I changed the that tiles priority to 1 so the player can't step (and it doesn't look weird) on it but it looks like hes below it if he comes from behind the building so that works, thanks for the explanation (and for the spoiler, sorry about that) :D