Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: jayje on October 25, 2017, 04:02:40 pm

Title: Battle SKills Menu [RMXP][RESOLVED]
Post by: jayje on October 25, 2017, 04:02:40 pm
I wanted to know if there was a way to edit the Skill Window so that it shows just ONE column of skills? All of my heros only have a few skills, so I just want them displayed in one column. Any Ideas?
Title: Re: Battle SKills Menu [RMXP]
Post by: KK20 on October 25, 2017, 08:24:45 pm
In Window_Skill, there's a variable called @column_max. You just change the 2 to a 1.
Now this satisfies the request, but I'm sure you're going to ask about formatting next, specifically the SP cost. That would be this line within the same class:

self.contents.draw_text(x + 232, y, 48, 32, skill.sp_cost.to_s, 2)


Change the 232 to a larger number to move it right.

EDIT: Forgot one more thing. In the draw_text method, you also need to change these lines

    x = 4
    y = index * 32

I just removed the scenario where the second skill would be drawn in the second column.
Title: Re: Battle SKills Menu [RMXP]
Post by: jayje on October 25, 2017, 08:42:57 pm
I did that but when there is more than one skill, it just makes one big cursor over both. I would need the skills to be in a column not a row. Thanks for replying tho.
Title: Re: Battle SKills Menu [RMXP]
Post by: KK20 on October 25, 2017, 08:45:37 pm
See my edit above
Title: Re: Battle SKills Menu [RMXP]
Post by: jayje on October 25, 2017, 08:52:15 pm
LOL :haha: I just did the same thing before you replied. i was going to write an apology. Thanks! :^_^\':