Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: Heretic86 on May 22, 2022, 09:45:36 pm

Title: Question for XP - Experience Inflation and Parameters Calculations?
Post by: Heretic86 on May 22, 2022, 09:45:36 pm
Hopefully a quick question...

Using HTML5 Canvas to generate Experience Inflation and Parameter Curves...

What are the formulas for calculating the Exp Inflation and Parameter Curves?

Pretty much BOTH things that happen in THESE windows...

(https://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/images/XPExpCurve.png)

(https://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/images/XPExpInflation.png)
Title: Re: Question for XP - Experience Inflation and Parameters Calculations?
Post by: KK20 on May 22, 2022, 10:39:21 pm
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-xp-in-javascript-php-and-mysql-wip.147465/post-1275706

Don't know about the stat parameters.

EDIT: Didn't confirm if this is accurate to the editor's, but could reference Blizz's script
https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5563.0.html
Title: Re: Question for XP - Experience Inflation and Parameters Calculations?
Post by: Heretic86 on May 25, 2022, 02:26:15 am
Thanks KK20, I actually fully missed the reply in that thread!

(https://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/images/expCurve.png)

Ok, Exp Curve is done.

Taking a whack at making the Parameters curve tho, not much luck.  Values dont look to be set anywhere in Engine Code, so has to be calculated in the Editor.  Anyone else happen to know what the formula is for calculating curves like this?

(https://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/images/XPParamCurve.png)
Title: Re: Question for XP - Experience Inflation and Parameters Calculations?
Post by: Blizzard on May 25, 2022, 04:10:24 am
The formula I came up with for my script isn't 100% accurate, but I could never figure out why. It might be possible that it just comes down to some mathematical accuracy/rounding issues or something like that. But I think you can still rely on the formula being 99%+ accurate.
Title: Re: Question for XP - Experience Inflation and Parameters Calculations?
Post by: Heretic86 on May 25, 2022, 01:17:25 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on May 25, 2022, 04:10:24 amThe formula I came up with for my script isn't 100% accurate, but I could never figure out why. It might be possible that it just comes down to some mathematical accuracy/rounding issues or something like that. But I think you can still rely on the formula being 99%+ accurate.

Good enough for me!