Read this post:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1634.msg34163#msg34163
and the few below between me and Zeriab. Help me get a list together. Here's what I have right away:
- Actor Add-on
- Add-on Collection
- Battle Add-on
- Custom Battle System
- Custom Environment System
- Custom Equipment System
- Custom Item System
- Custom Menu System
- Custom Message System
- Custom Movement System
- Custom Skill System
- Enemy Add-on
- Environment Add-on
- Game Utility
- Menu Add-on
- Message Add-on
- Minigame
- Misc Add-on
- Misc System
- Movement Add-on
- Player / Party / Troop Add-on
- Scripting Tool
- Title / Save / Load / GameOver Add-on
I can create Custom Inventory System thanks to Custom Item System (A Derivation, I suppose). To make it sound spiffier, you can use more advanced vocabulary, but not to the point it sounds completely strange. What would you call a system that makes some more convienient/easy-to-use? Or a completely new system, like the Platforming script?
Platforming script = Environment System
Custom Item System is a general term so it's a "Script Key Term" while "Custom Inventory System" would be the "Type" that I am using already.
A system that makes some stuff more convenient or easy to use would depend on what it does. i.e. If it's a debugger, it's a Misc System. If it's a frame rate changer, it's a Misc Add-on. If it makes enemies stop using skills that inflict status effects if they are already incflicted (e.g. a better AI), it's an Enemy Add-on.
I think that I covered most of the possible key terms, but I'm not sure so I am asking. You'll have to help me edit the posts in scripts database later, SRK. Or we can do it now, come on IRC.