Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Resources => Resource Requests => Topic started by: Blizzard on August 21, 2008, 08:54:18 pm

Title: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 21, 2008, 08:54:18 pm
Ok, I need a sprite for this badass guy here. His sprite doesn't have to hold a gun, but he needs to have the large arm (obviously). Full credit will be given. Don't forget that the right and left looking frames look different on this guy because of his arm.

(http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/7194/bountyhunterfy1.th.jpg) (http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/7194/bountyhunterfy1.jpg)
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Fantasist on August 22, 2008, 04:26:05 am
Hm, if I use the image, whom should I credit? (can I use it in the first place?)
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 05:34:32 am
Sorry, I completely forgot. Dave Allsop has created the image, I have not edited it in any way. Here's a version with a transparent background. The image's original name is "Battle Dog".

(http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7481/bountyhunterbattleroe7.th.png) (http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7481/bountyhunterbattleroe7.png)

Grid Stalker was by the same artist. If you want more stuff from him, I suggest you google his name.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Fantasist on August 22, 2008, 05:39:20 am
Thanks for the info :) *adds into collection*
When the sprite is ready, can I use it, or is it CP exclusive?
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 05:44:24 am
Of course you can use it. Only scripts are CP exclusive. I will release CP's resource pack somewhere later after the full game.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Fantasist on August 22, 2008, 05:48:53 am
Great!
QuoteThe image's original name is "Battle Doog".

I checked out his site and it's "Battle Dog" :p
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 05:51:22 am
It's a typo on my side. xD *fixes*
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 27, 2008, 05:42:57 pm
*bump*

(._.)
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Caro Ru Lushe on August 27, 2008, 08:31:27 pm
 :evil: <smirk> Is it that important after all then to get him?

*Base*

(http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8040/iuhedb6.png) (http://imageshack.us)

Those claws are horribly hard to make @___@ >_____>;;;

:uhm: I can make it, it'll take more time thou . . . & motivation to actually make it as pretty as that picture >___>;;;
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: DeathLock on August 27, 2008, 11:30:45 pm
The red robe (or something) needs a bit of contrast and in depth shading. The claw needs to be smoother. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Caro Ru Lushe on August 28, 2008, 12:49:04 am
 :haha: I knew there was something that I didn't like of it!


:<_<: Contrast . . .


The short hand is going to be hard to animate, not to mention that I see I have to fix it up, >__> that armor part sorta . . . doesn't look quite right.


The Claws . . . smoother as in, more sharper & thinner or more, fatter? xD (lol).
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: DeathLock on August 28, 2008, 12:54:31 am
When I say smoother, I mean a bit rounder. The lines look jagged up, do some anti aliasing for that.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Caro Ru Lushe on August 28, 2008, 01:07:07 am
Ok, I'll take that in mind then

Thou I'll work with it tomorrow, I am quite tired for today, & at least hoping if Blizzard will answer at least something xD even if it's a "Yes"
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 28, 2008, 03:53:57 pm
Here's what the other spriter was able to do:

(http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/shadowreaperx21/bountyhunter-1.png)

I'm wondering if you two could maybe work together. I asked him to read this topic, so you should get an answer very soon.

About the sprite: The claws don't have to be so precise. Feel free to make the entire arm smaller just like RTP style usually is. His claws don't have to be separated, you don't need transparent pixels inbetween. You could easily make it so there is one pixel line of a claw, then a dark line which is kinda the space. You can make his arm longer, BTW.
Also, his chest should be wider and the pauldrons smaller. Other than that I like the direction this is going to. :D
And that red thing coverind his legs is more of a coat instead of a toga. Feel free to change it that way. :) Thanks, Caro (and you, too, sniper308)! :D
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: legacyblade on August 28, 2008, 04:10:39 pm
If you want, I can work on it to. I can bump up the shading and contrast when they finish making a base.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: DeathLock on August 28, 2008, 04:52:04 pm
Quote(http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/shadowreaperx21/bountyhunter-1.png)


Has too much contrast, someone should darken the colors for better results. There's a lack of shade on the armor (silver), as well darken that and get some sort of light source. Usually its up to down.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Caro Ru Lushe on August 28, 2008, 05:44:45 pm
Hasn't anyone notice that his claw in there, sorta ermm, in terms of proportion, it would make him look as it sorta will stand out the most? I mean, technically, something that size would either touch the ground, but here we see it, as thou it breaks that law as if it's both in the front & touching the ground yet it's not.

:x I could try to darken the colors for it on the silver parts if necessary . . . . That sprite is more accurate than mines in terms of proportions (besides the Claws), :x & put a few little details if they are possible.

:) & Legacyblade can bump up the shade or contrast we might have missed >__>;; & also, it would be my first time working with someone in a sprite, *exciting*
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 28, 2008, 07:16:17 pm
I don't want a cameo version of the battler, I want an RTP style sprite of the battler. This means that your work is more suiting, Caro.

Alright, let LB do it then. #_# I wanted Caro to first fix the proportions, then the colors. xD I'm counting on you, LB! :D
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Chaze007 on August 28, 2008, 07:23:53 pm
I'd be happy to resprite tis for you...now xD....*goes to work*
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 29, 2008, 09:54:37 am
Maybe Phasedscar could lend you a hand... <_<; IDK how much time he has, I'll redirect him to this topic.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on August 29, 2008, 10:30:50 pm
That's actually a really difficult picture to work with.  Cool looking but it's so saturated that it's almost all black.  I took a little creative license.  Anyway, here's the mock up.

(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/kaillis/Blizzardrequestbountyhunter.png)

Edit:  Ignore all the junk on the upper right, that was my pallet.
Edit2:  I altered it a bit and changed the backround color, to make it match more closely with the battler.  If I had photoshop installed again I'd just make it transparent so it's easier to see.  This should be in the rough RTP stile, though I've obviously altered it's size slightly so that it feels right.

(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/kaillis/Blizzardrequestbountyhunter-1.png)
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: DeathLock on August 29, 2008, 11:29:40 pm
That looks amazing, and it fits the battler. But, the purple should be a bit darker in my opinion. It doesn't seem right.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on August 29, 2008, 11:58:30 pm
Tad bit of antiailising to do as well, but yeah.  The super highlight for the purple is a touch too bright and I need to tone it down.  Probably do that a little later.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Chaze007 on August 30, 2008, 12:04:10 am
he's okay, make his right arm a little longer, and give his robe a torn look, like in the battler
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on August 30, 2008, 01:33:33 am
It's a matter of space..  I don't have the amount of pixels to work with considering that image is only 32x48.  I can try the tattered look but it'd be fairly difficult considering the limits.

Also, the right arm is about in porportion with the rest of the battler (the claws only come down slightly further than the knee).  I did experiment with a longer length on the arm, but it looked...  silly and imbalanced, even a single pixel.

Even so, I modified it a little more..

(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/kaillis/Blizzardrequestbountyhunter-2.png)

About the best I can do with the limits I have
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on August 30, 2008, 05:28:13 am
The last version looks good. Keep it up. :D
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Chaze007 on August 30, 2008, 11:06:59 am
yeah he looks great :]
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: legacyblade on September 03, 2008, 10:56:57 pm
looking good guys. I'll wait until we have the full sprite to do my reshading though, if that's fine.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on September 04, 2008, 05:57:40 am
Maybe you shouldn't do any reshading, LB... #_# The style of the sprite wouldn't fit anymore.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on September 04, 2008, 06:16:58 am
The shading was as close to the battler as I could make them (even though I had to desaturate it a little so you could actually see it).  You can reshade if you like Legacy.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on September 04, 2008, 06:47:54 am
His red clothes need some more desaturating. And they should be made a bit darker. I usually have the battler and the sprite open in PS. I usually even take colors directly from the battler and apply it on the sprite.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: legacyblade on September 04, 2008, 02:36:22 pm
well if you don't want reshading, that's fine. less work for me ^_^
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on September 04, 2008, 04:14:50 pm
Sydon's shading was great. O_o Something of that type should be more than enough for the bounty hunter.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on September 25, 2008, 05:37:49 am
Sorry it's taking so long Blizzard...  I don't have it quite finished yet.  It was a lot more complicated then I was expecting simply because of the pure amount of detail.

I can't imagine it'd take me longer than a couple of hours to finished the bottom two frames, I was just too tired tonight to finish it.

(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/kaillis/Blizzardrequestbountyhunter-3.png)
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: tSwitch on September 25, 2008, 08:25:22 am
that looks amazing :D
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: DeathLock on September 25, 2008, 02:03:03 pm
Holy shit! o_o

Amazing spriting, Phased.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on September 25, 2008, 03:23:16 pm
I have nothing to add especially since I'm speechless. o.o

I hope you can finish it soon. :)
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: legacyblade on September 30, 2008, 03:20:16 pm
great job so far, looks really futuristic!
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on October 28, 2008, 02:57:03 pm
*is waiting* :'(
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on November 08, 2008, 07:47:36 pm
Ok, I know it's been a long time coming.  I have the finished for you here
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/kaillis/Blizzardrequestbountyhunter-4.png)

Not finalized unfortunately, missing my key to photoshop, it should look smooth in game, I'll have the polished version for you probably monday night since that's the next time I'll have free time.

I also have that battle ship you requested in the works, it's in a layered format and it's still rough.
(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/kaillis/spaceship.png)
I decided to go 160x160 with it, hope that's about the scale you wanted.  Obviously this is very early stage, but I wasn't sure of how you wanted this to look.  Pay more attention to the right side since that's closer to what it'll look like (the ring will continue in front, just didn't re-edit it).  Any ideas, let me know, want to make sure you have what you want.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on November 09, 2008, 08:57:56 am
Bounty Hunter looks great so far. :D Don't worry, I can wait one more day until you finalize it. xD

The spaceship concept looks good. Just a question, that is view from above, right?
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Phasedscar on November 09, 2008, 06:19:56 pm
Actually a side view but it's easy enough to be the top.  Just a concept at this point and all the little additions I'll add later to it will make it look awesome.
Title: Re: Bounty Hunter sprite
Post by: Blizzard on November 10, 2008, 08:35:25 am
Leave it sideview, I'd prefer it. Did you finalize Bounty Hunter, BTW?