Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Event Systems => Event System Requests => Topic started by: jcsnider on September 09, 2008, 09:13:45 pm

Title: Fire making....
Post by: jcsnider on September 09, 2008, 09:13:45 pm
I am looking for a fire making event system (or script I dont care as long as it works) anyways, I am thinking that I could run a common event call making fire... I would use conditional branches to makee sure you have logs and a tenderbox, matches or whatever. Then depending on how much EXP in firemaking you have which you will get more exp every time you make a fire the quicker and sooner or later you cna make fire on different types of logs (exactly like runescape I think) But... My idea would be to Make and event where the player is facing... but I dont the char to be able to make a fire on a blocked tile.... Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: tSwitch on September 09, 2008, 09:28:14 pm
use terrain tags to determine what type of tile is fire-placeable or not.
you could also take care of the fire-setting level with one variable and a conditional branch :)

it's an easy system, it'd just be massively annoying to implement.
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: jcsnider on September 10, 2008, 06:48:06 am
yes... but how would I use an event to make a different event which would be the fire that is the confusing part
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on September 10, 2008, 03:47:17 pm
There was fire making in Raiku's Skill Tutorial (http://www.demiproductions.com/index.php?topic=31.0) ;)
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: Shadonking on September 10, 2008, 03:54:29 pm
yeh but by the look of it it is very buggy.(in his words not mine lol)
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: jcsnider on September 10, 2008, 04:02:45 pm
Yea it is buggy the problem is... You have to be in a specific spot ot make a fire... I want to make it so u can make it anywhere that is not blocked also somehow make it so you cant make fires inside a house i am now starting to think a script would be better but here would be my idea... Use a script to check the tile in front of you to see if it is blocked... then make sure there isnt an event on the map with the comment of inside or something or see if a switch called inside is on or off... that is easy... then make an event in front of you that runs a common event... but im not the best with event systems or scripting so... I am stumped
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: scoace13 on November 06, 2008, 06:15:25 pm
k...this is gonna be a long arsed event so hang with me
1 (you may want to do this on a blank map) set you fireplaceable spots down with an event name these (fire1 ect[thisll be important]) that calls main event "make fire" then set down a hiddne event called fire set the firespots for parallel process and have a conditional branch that check to see if a certin key is pressed then assign the player a key for firemaking(aka eirler on in the story tell them what key is used to make fires) if the key has been pressed and they are 1step away form a firespot then call commonevent "making fire" when the event treminates have the event fire transfered to where the firespot you were usung was.

this help...
Title: Re: Fire making....
Post by: blackfox1250 on October 09, 2010, 11:25:09 pm
I've got a question, do you want to make it like runescape where you have wood and flint and you need both to make said fire.
cause I could make a good system like that that uses terain tags and knows where you can and can't make a fire and where it would take less time to (I will make it so it takes longer in different places), eg.
you can make a fire on grass - 5 sec
on dirt - 2 sec
on water - can't make fire
on a cliff - can't make fire

(Do you want me to make this or are you 100% satisfied with the previous posts  :^_^': and don't)