Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: magic2345 on January 12, 2008, 11:23:24 pm

Title: Drivers
Post by: magic2345 on January 12, 2008, 11:23:24 pm
I'm going to install a new VGA card (that is its name, right?). What I'm confused about is which one do I do first?
1. Replace the VGA card. or
2. Install the driver.

The VGA card I'm going to install is a Matrox VGA card that has 32 mb of video memory (since my current one sucks, it has only 8 mb of video memory!!!).
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Fantasist on January 13, 2008, 05:19:37 am
If you mean a graphics card, I think you replace your card first, then install drivers.
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: magic2345 on January 13, 2008, 08:31:32 am
OK, I'll do just that. Thanks  :D
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Fantasist on January 13, 2008, 08:59:17 am
I AM correct, right? Someone confirm please >.<
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Blizzard on January 13, 2008, 09:04:50 am
Uninstall the old graphics driver. Turn off your PC and change cards. Now run your PC again and most probably Windoze will show everything in 16 colors 640x480 pixels. Now install the new drivers and restart. Actually the restart might not even be required. =X Now it should all work fine.
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: magic2345 on January 13, 2008, 09:09:22 am
....  >:(
I did what Fantasist said and the computer crashed and won't turn on again......
Lol j/k.   :P

Thanks for confirming Blizz (I can call you that, can't I?).
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Blizzard on January 13, 2008, 09:17:57 am
Of course, everybody does. ^_^
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Sally on January 13, 2008, 03:15:18 pm
sometimes i call him blizzy :)
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Vell on January 14, 2008, 08:49:27 am
sometimes i do too.
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Nortos on January 14, 2008, 07:10:55 pm
Quote from: magic2345 on January 13, 2008, 09:09:22 am
....  >:(
I did what Fantasist said and the computer crashed and won't turn on again......
Lol j/k.   :P

Thanks for confirming Blizz (I can call you that, can't I?).


:P if it did how r u writing that
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Fantasist on January 15, 2008, 02:21:57 pm
QuoteI did what Fantasist said and the computer crashed and won't turn on again......

DON'T EVER DO THAT! God, my heart skipped a beat and I'm not joking!

...<3
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: magic2345 on January 16, 2008, 03:52:18 am
Really? Sorry....
Btw, I dunno why, but when I installed the driver, the computer was okay. Then, I turned the computer off and put on the casing. And when I turned it on, I get the same problem as I did before (The I lost all my files problem). I'm not joking this time, but this time, I backed up my files!!! MWAHAHA!!! YEAH!!! BEAT THAT, weird missing problem!!!
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Nortos on January 16, 2008, 03:54:56 am
ohh thank god u backed up this time and I don't know what's happening
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Fantasist on January 16, 2008, 07:11:43 am
Why don't you simply format everything and install windows fresh and new?

PS: The problem is beyond my tiny amount of kowledge.
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Blizzard on January 16, 2008, 07:21:24 am
You know, I learned that reinstalling Windoze is absolutely no solution. Everytime I got a bigger problem and thought the only way to solve it was to re-install Windoze, after the reinstallation, I still had the problem and found out how to actually solve it. I hate reinstalling it since I have to reinstall all the programs, set up all the settings and so on which can altogether take up to a whole day.
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: magic2345 on January 18, 2008, 09:22:16 am
OKAY, that is it!!!  >:(  >:(
I'm using my laptop! The computer just broke down for the third time!!! My resolution is buy a new one....and I think the problem is somewhere in the harddisk...
Title: Re: Drivers
Post by: Fantasist on January 19, 2008, 11:28:51 am
Too bad :(
You could get professional help magic.