Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: tSwitch on September 24, 2008, 10:38:32 am

Title: Tattoo
Post by: tSwitch on September 24, 2008, 10:38:32 am
ok, so today a friend of mine asked me to make 'em a tatt.
they specified the Aries symbol, the words "Never Defeated" and that it had to be tribal.

I came up with this:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/tattoo2.png)


I'd like some feedback before I show 'im.
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: Diokatsu on September 24, 2008, 05:45:30 pm
Cool tatt I like the look but it looks kinda stiff imo. You might want to put some more curvature on those lines.
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on September 24, 2008, 05:54:45 pm
That fits for a nice custom tattoo, but there's something yearning for more...definitely.

The tattoo would work fine for a back or something, what body part is your friend wanting this on (If it's on the scrotum, please tell me so).

It's really excellent, great job. :)
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: tSwitch on September 25, 2008, 08:14:56 am
Quote from: Diokatsu on September 24, 2008, 05:45:30 pm
Cool tatt I like the look but it looks kinda stiff imo. You might want to put some more curvature on those lines.


it's a tribal tattoo and they all have some form of shape theme, curves would destroy the design of this one.

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on September 24, 2008, 05:54:45 pm
That fits for a nice custom tattoo, but there's something yearning for more...definitely.

The tattoo would work fine for a back or something, what body part is your friend wanting this on (If it's on the scrotum, please tell me so).

It's really excellent, great job. :)


on his back.

also: changed the font
Spoiler: ShowHide

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/tattoo3.png)


also: what's the point of spoilers in an art thread when the image doesn't break tables, the image loads when the page loads, spoilers or no, and it's not like it's NSFW.  Because I sure don't see one :/
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on September 25, 2008, 09:29:56 am
I would be considered hypocritical if I were to let this one go for its filesize (i.e. I spoilered other images). I don't really know, I'm a bit confused myself in this case, and my apologies if you're seriously annoyed by this stupidity/oddity.

All right, if it's for the back then it's perfect. The font I do remember (It's one of the fonts for my StepMania sig, little humor there). It'll look good on the back, but I feel it's a little...out-of-it. Sure, there's border outs similar to the design of that tattoo, but there's lot of curvature on the font, or at least that's what I believe.
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: tSwitch on September 25, 2008, 09:37:54 am
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on September 25, 2008, 09:29:56 am
I would be considered hypocritical if I were to let this one go for its filesize (i.e. I spoilered other images). I don't really know, I'm a bit confused myself in this case, and my apologies if you're seriously annoyed by this stupidity/oddity


adding spoiler tags around an image don't keep it from loading, all spoilers do is toggle the visibility of the image.  So it's no more or less 56k-friendly.  I just wonder what the point of it is.

The font is 'Dark Crystal'.
It works better than anything else I have found, and the curves juxtaposed with the straight lines actually help to separate the text from the rest of the design a bit, making it more readable and almost independent in its own rite, while still remaining part of the design.
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on February 14, 2009, 06:27:38 am
Um... this is really cool.
Title: Re: Tattoo
Post by: Blizzard on February 14, 2009, 06:32:37 am
Quote from: NAMKCOR on September 25, 2008, 09:37:54 am
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on September 25, 2008, 09:29:56 am
I would be considered hypocritical if I were to let this one go for its filesize (i.e. I spoilered other images). I don't really know, I'm a bit confused myself in this case, and my apologies if you're seriously annoyed by this stupidity/oddity


adding spoiler tags around an image don't keep it from loading, all spoilers do is toggle the visibility of the image.  So it's no more or less 56k-friendly.  I just wonder what the point of it is.


NAMK, that's RMRK again. Here at CP images that are in spoilers really don't get loaded. Keep this page open for a minute or so and then open this spoiler:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/bblizzard/Blizz-Art/CPXtreme_wallpaper1280x960.png)


See? It started loading after you opened it. ;)