Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Shadonking on October 07, 2008, 11:43:49 am

Title: an idea
Post by: Shadonking on October 07, 2008, 11:43:49 am
why dont you make an icon for this site for when you put it in links there is a cool icon.

iv got a few websites in my links but this one is the only one that doesnt have one.

Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Blizzard on October 07, 2008, 01:42:25 pm
I thought you knew.

http://www.chaos-project.com/affiliate.png

(http://www.chaos-project.com/affiliate.png)

I'll need a new icon because of the new layout, though. Feel free to hotlink the image. That way I can update the image and the display at your site will be updated as well.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on October 07, 2008, 06:26:10 pm
If you go to my website, The Archive of SRK, there's a link on the navigation bar that directs you to Chaos Project. :) Too bad most visitors that go to that site ARE from Chaos Project...But I have that link in other sites and forums you know. :D

So this is about the affiliation system for CP? Yeah...I suppose it is. XD
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Blizzard on October 08, 2008, 05:40:44 am
Sure. Give me your image and link to your site and I'll put it up. It's currently at the bottom of the forum until I move it to the homepage.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Shadonking on October 10, 2008, 06:00:35 pm
not a link on my website, the links that you can put on your favorate folder.

for example

Add to favovate, create in links, name "Caos Project"

alot of websites have them now like google, play, saiyan island forums etc etc.

it makes the links bar look better and it makes the website look profetional and upto date.

if you still dont now what im on about i'll post a printscreen of my link bar.

ps sos for the late reply, iv been busy and i didnt spot this post had been ryplied to.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Aqua on October 10, 2008, 06:03:05 pm
Oh... do you mean the favcon?

There already is one... XD
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Ryex on October 10, 2008, 06:10:58 pm
ya its a red dot!
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on October 10, 2008, 06:57:10 pm
If Shadon is using Internet Explorer, then the icon is not shown. It's probably because the code that does it is incompatible or something. Blame the shoddiness of IE. However, it does show on FireFox and Opera. :) Maybe this should be corrected?

I don't know for sure if the CP icon shows however, my IE is REALLY strange when it comes to the icon's appearance...
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Blizzard on October 11, 2008, 06:54:43 am
I don't even know if IE supports favicons. :whistle:
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Juan on October 11, 2008, 11:22:33 am
Actually cp does support fav icons.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Shadonking on October 11, 2008, 01:46:27 pm
yep IE 7 has favicons. but yours doesnt show.

wierd.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on October 11, 2008, 05:56:57 pm
Oh, I knew I was forgetting something: Posting here.

Aqua gave me a thought to think about, and I can't leave it unheard of. It may be because the icon is only one page, and that's compatible with FireFox or Opera, but not Internet Explorer. Take my site "The Archive of Starrodkirby86" for example. The icon of that page is a Kirby sprite from the Amazing Mirror, but on the Internet Explorer pages, the icon is a resizing of the original Kirby picture (From Super Star or Adventure, I think it's the latter though). This is possible because that very icon has more than one page. The CP sphere may not have multiple pages...

If that's the case, then Blizzard I can send you an application that creates icons supporting multiple pages and neat settings like that. :P
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Blizzard on October 12, 2008, 07:24:37 am
This is why CP's icon doesn't want to work in IE:

It's not a real .ico file. I created this image in Photoshop and saved it as .png. Then I renamed the file and changed the extension to .ico. IE, unlike Firefox and Opera, seems to have problems recognizing them, though. It seems that the file has to be saved in the real .ico format with the appropriate software. I personally recommend Microangelo.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Ryex on October 12, 2008, 08:46:00 pm
the full version of Graphics Gale (Google it it's an OK graphics program) can save .Ico files I have a keygen for the full version if you need it any time pm me.
Title: Re: an idea
Post by: Mightylink on October 13, 2008, 05:01:57 am
cant wait to see what your new icon will be, id more then happy to put it on my site since you helped me so much with my game